Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install AutoCAD 2012 because 4.5 net framework is installed.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
modulcad
13587 Views, 12 Replies

Can't install AutoCAD 2012 because 4.5 net framework is installed.

I cannot install AutoCAD 2012 because installation of .net 4.0 fails. Direct installation of .net 4.0will not occure because higher version (.net framework 4.5) has aleady been installed on my computer (while installing Visaul Studio 2011 Preview).

Do you have any suggestion?

Juraj Lutisan

modulCAD Ltd.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
david.lau
in reply to: modulcad

You may need to research on how to uninstall .NET 4.5.  This looks like a developer preview of it.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27537

David Lau
Message 3 of 13
modulcad

But our new product is based on .net 4.5 so I cannot uninstall it. Can I reinstall .net 4.5 after AutoCAD installation? Will be AutoCAD 2012 still functional?

Message 4 of 13
david.lau

You can try that but it is unsupported.  Please let us know...this is an interesting problem.

David Lau
Message 5 of 13
kienduday
in reply to: david.lau

Me too , I can't install AutoCad becuse framework 4.5 . please fix install file !

Message 6 of 13
pendean
in reply to: kienduday

Uninstall Frameworks 4.5, install AutoCAD, reinstall 4.5 and see what happens: that's what the Autodesk folks above are suggesting. Not sure what else you want them to do at this stage.

You can, if you feel lucky, try and edit the AutOCAD installer to skip over the NET4 installation process: another more elaborate option.

Message 7 of 13
kienduday
in reply to: pendean

I can't uninstall framework 4.5 . This is default on windows 8 . I was test all software that uninstall framework but I can't uninstall it.

Now , I have 2 frameworks , one is 3.5 and one is 4.5 . I can uninstall framework 3.5 but 4.5 , I can't .

Message 8 of 13
pendean

Read the post from TravisNave in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/Anyone-try-Windows-8-Developer-preview/td-p/3349977

You're ahead of the curve, you're pretty much on your own until Win8 is officially released and supported: so you need to be open minded about work-arounds and do them.

Message 9 of 13
TravisNave

Keep in mind that AutoCAD 2012 is not supported on Windows 8.  However, I was able to get it installed successfully.  I posted my steps on Dean's post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/Anyone-try-Windows-8-Developer-preview/m-p/3352895#M84974

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 10 of 13
Alexey.Terno

I have AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 on my laptop. After installing Visual Studio 2011 with .NET 4.5 Civil3D won't work correctly - fatal errors after opening any dialogs in Civil3D... I had to uninstall VS2011 and .NET 4.5 to reinstall .NET 4.0 for Civil3D repair.

Message 11 of 13
fhil__

La version mas compatible con net framework 4.5 es la version de autocad 2013. Aunque trabaja mejor con net framework 4 aqui los detalles de y los requerimientos para el programa.

http://imaginit.com/software-solutions/process-plant/autocad/2013_autocad_2013_system_requirements_e...

Message 12 of 13
rasamad

I installed Autocad 2012 with .net framework 4.0, upgraded to 4.5 and cad stopped working. It crashed everytime I tried to open it. I uninstalled and tried in vain to reinstall it because now 4.5 is installed.

NEED HELP please!!

Message 13 of 13
david.lau
in reply to: rasamad

Can you try to uninstall .NET 4.5?

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report