Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find file fbxrenderermr-2_5.dll

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
teblack
326 Views, 3 Replies

Can't find file fbxrenderermr-2_5.dll

I'm trying to install Civil3D 2012 from disk on a new laptop (Windows 7, I5 2.5 Ghz, 6 Gb ram). When it gets to "Installing 4 of 13" I get the error message "Can't find file fbxrenderermr-2_5.dll. Make sure you have access to it". It gives the full path, the file is there and there is access. I found 1 post on another blog which had the same problem. The next comment is from the poster who says he is now past that and is having another problem, but doesn't say how he got past this problem.

Thanks for any help,

Eric Black

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: teblack

Check the file permissions and make sure your account, the system, (even everyone if necessary) has full access.  Then in your Run box, type regsvr32 and drag that file in.  Hit enter and it should register.  Try again.

Make sure you are installing with local admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.  Always.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
teblack

I have full administrative rights, I unloaded anti-virus software, UAC is off. I started the install again and got to the same spot with the same error message. I opened run "regsvr32, located and dragged the dll file in and hit run. I got an error message "The module (full path)fbxrenderermr-2_5.dll failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found". This is the originial disk which I have used several times without this problem. Anything else you can think of?

Thanks,

Eric Black

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

It's possible the disc has been damaged.  Have you considered copying the entire contents to a folder on your HDD and running setup.exe from there?  You might have better results. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report