Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 2 (393 Views)

Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

393 Views, 1 Replies
01-09-2013 06:51 AM
Hi,

I downloaded a 'previous version' of maya 2011 (i have bought 2013)

Autodesk sent me a license file on our request, unfortunately its still not working. 

I saved the license file in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\Licenses
 When I run Maya 2011 I see the FLEXnet licence finder window (attached).

I click next and browse to the license file that was sent but when I go forward I get these errors (attached):

I followed the steps in How to Configure your Network License Server but it doesn't make any difference. 
If I choose to specify the license server system and then enter the hostname of the machine, I get the 'Networking error' dialog box (attached).

Autodesk is answering emails at the speed of 1 a day. I really need 2011 running before tomorrow. it's been 3 days now. I can't believe that the seemingly most viable option is to download a hack of 2011 when i have paid for this!

help apperciated. so urgent

Thanks
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (359 Views)

Re: Can't activate network maya 2011 licence - Windows 7

01-10-2013 08:49 AM in reply to: rupertroderick

-15 either means that your License Manager (NLM) isn't running or a firewall is blocking it (or the dreaded IPv6 incompatibility issue.)

I have many fixes listed for this in my signature line.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube