Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate AutoCAD 2010 NW clients on W7 64bit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KalH2O2U2
2798 Views, 6 Replies

Can't activate AutoCAD 2010 NW clients on W7 64bit

Hi Travis, all,

My server OS is 2003 Server SP3
My clients are either on Windows 7 - 64 bit or XP PRO 64 with latest SPs
After deploying AutoCAD 2010 on those machines I couldn't activate the licenses.
Is there an issue with FlexLM (actual version installed is 11.5).
Any help/directions will be more than welcome.

We are about to migrate our office (by Saturday) to W7-64, any input prior to this Saturday (March 6th 2010) is expected!

Thanks in advance.

Kal
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KalH2O2U2
in reply to: KalH2O2U2

FYI the clients are on Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit
I don't receive any error after launching AutoCAD 2010.
I don't have problem with other Autodesk Packages as Revit Platform 2010.
I just cant activate my licenses. Do I need to request a new lic file, knowing that most of my clients are running fine AutoCAD 2010 on XP PRO SP3 x86. Edited by: KalH2O2U2 on Mar 4, 2010 5:28 PM
Message 3 of 7
KalH2O2U2

I think I found my own solution...I will upgrade lmtools from 11.5 to 11.7 and we should be ok right?
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

If your installations are asking for activation, then you accidentally installed your product as a stand-alone version. Unfortunately, you need to reinstall as a network version. Unless you specifically configure the deployment to be a network install, it will install as a stand-alone. You will then have to uninstall the clients and reinstall the network version. Annoying, I know.
Also, your 2010 licenses will work fine on the 11.5 version.
Sorry for the lack of timely response. Been very busy this week. Good luck with this!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
KalH2O2U2

Thanks Travis, apparently someone (IT) created a stand alone image. Thanks for the help and the heads up.
More appreciated. good for me only 2 test computers to uninstall/re-install prior to migration.
Message 6 of 7
WiteNite

I recently just got AutoCad 2010, however when I'm activating it and type in the request code that is given to me it gives me an error message. Any advice?

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: WiteNite

The request code is provided to Autodesk.  Autodesk then provides you with an activation code.  Call 1-800-551-1490 and give them your serial number and request code.  They will help you activate you product.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report