Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I borrow a network acad seat to disk?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
152 Views, 3 Replies

Can I borrow a network acad seat to disk?

With A2004 or '05, can I run some util to borrow a seat to a floppy disk, then use that disk to enable acad at home? I would then return the seat the next day... Not sure if the '05 "license export" function works for network seats as well as standalones... thanks James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not with the network version; to "borrow" you must have the destination computer on the network. The standalone version (if "locked") works exactly as you describe, using the Portable License Utility. Check "Help | About" to see which version you have. This applies to '04; don't know if '05 has any other capabilities. --Cy-- "James Maeding" wrote in message news:97l360l9bk6eam1s32tni3ngjar3bgqlc7@4ax.com... > With A2004 or '05, can I run some util to borrow a seat to a floppy disk, then use that disk to enable acad at home? > I would then return the seat the next day... > Not sure if the '05 "license export" function works for network seats as well as standalones... > thanks > James Maeding > Civil Engineer/Programmer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Cy is correct for both AutoCAD 2004 and 2005. So to borrow on a machine located at home you would need at lease momentary, remote network access using a service such as VPN. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Cy Shuster" wrote in message news:4061d7f8_3@newsprd01... > Not with the network version; to "borrow" you must have the destination > computer on the network. > > The standalone version (if "locked") works exactly as you describe, using > the Portable License Utility. Check "Help | About" to see which version you > have. > > This applies to '04; don't know if '05 has any other capabilities. > > --Cy-- > > "James Maeding" wrote in message > news:97l360l9bk6eam1s32tni3ngjar3bgqlc7@4ax.com... > > With A2004 or '05, can I run some util to borrow a seat to a floppy disk, > then use that disk to enable acad at home? > > I would then return the seat the next day... > > Not sure if the '05 "license export" function works for network seats as > well as standalones... > > thanks > > James Maeding > > Civil Engineer/Programmer > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks both of you. That saves me a lot of headache. James Maeding Civil Engineer/Programmer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report