Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDS Premium deploy necessary?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jroper
528 Views, 5 Replies

BDS Premium deploy necessary?

If I have created a deployment for Building Design Suite Ultimate, would there be any need for creating a Building Design Suite Premium deployment?  The only difference between Premium and Ultimate would be Navisworks Manage, correct?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Jroper

ultimate also has Inventor & quantity takeoff

is this a network license or standalone licenses?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Jroper

Network.
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

your supposed to put ultimate on all machines

and the cascading sequence determines the correct license to pull

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Jroper

I guess my question's purpose was trying understand if there is anything special about the products contained in a Suite deployment vs. any other deploy.

Example:

In my BDS Ultimate deployment there is the 3ds Max product.  But I also have a separate deployment created for just loading 3ds Max.  So a user could get the 3ds Max product installed from the Suite or from the non-Suite deployment.  If I understand cascading correctly, when 3ds Max is launched, the license server will check for the cheapest license with the 3ds Max feature code and will continue on up to more expensive licenses until a license with that feature code is found.  Correct?

Message 6 of 6
DarrenP

yes you are correct

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report