Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk network license server --> Activation from MSI

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ictleerbedrijf
370 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk network license server --> Activation from MSI

Hello,

We have 30 education licenses for Autodesk 3ds Max on a network license server. I’ve installed the software from the setup.exe file and enter the licenseserver in the Wizard. After installation, everything works fine and the product is activated from the license server.

But when I do a installation from the msi file, located in x64\max\3dsMaxDesign2011_64bit.msi, the setup ended with an unknown error and when I start the application, it gives me a message to activate the product, or try the product for 30days. When I hit the button “activate”, it tries to activate it from the register.autodesk.com servers, not from my license server, even if the LICPATH.lic is in the root directory of the 3DSMax. (Monitoring it with Wireshark).

The reason that I want to install it from the msi, is that I can’t define the installation directory from the setup.exe file. This application must installed on a different location, not in the C:/Program Files/autodesk directory.

So my question is: Can I install this application from setup.exe to a different location? Or can I make the installation from the .msi file possible?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: ictleerbedrijf

Create a network deployment shared on the server and include the installation path as part of your answer file. Installing from msi will always default a stand-alone.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report