Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Install

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aykaria
190 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Install

I have a Macbook Pro 13.3in from early 2011. I have done the bootcamp so I now have Windows Ultimate 64-bit and OSX Lion on the harddrive. I downloaded Inventor Professional with a student license and it will not let me install the programs. It will begin to start and then immediately fail. I have installed .net 4.0 as well. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: aykaria

You'll have to attach your installation log files as a means to find out why it is failing.  Generally though it is due to a prerequisite file like .NET Framework or Visual C++.  The file will be found in your %TEMP% folder. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
aykaria
in reply to: TravisNave

I figured it out. I guess my computer already had a newer version of the C++ 2010 version. I uninstalled that and then started the installation and it worked without a problem.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: aykaria

You did the correct thing.  Now if you could just convince everyone else that is having that problem to do what you did, this board would have a lot less threads!  Good job!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report