Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Download/Install Problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
luke.hollis
4461 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Download/Install Problem

Hi Everyone,

I am having multiple issues with downloading/installing Inventor 2014 64 bit.

I have tried all of the download methods, multiple times and on different browsers. I have also checked my administrator rights, ran clean up and disabled anti-virus and firewalls. These are the problems I have with each method.

Install now: Communication Failure

Download Now: DLM installs but does not automatically launch. When I manually open it there are no active or pending downloads.

Browser Download: File downloads but when I open the exe I get a error saying that there are missing files.

I have a Windows 8.1 64 bit system.

Please help as this is ridiculously frustrating. 

Regards,

Luke

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
asburyj
in reply to: luke.hollis

The browser download of Inventor has two parts so that's likely what you error message is about. Here's a direct download link for part 2 

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/INVNTOR/DLM/Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_002...

Once both parts are downloaded and in the same directory you can double click part 1 to extract the installer

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 10
whelan
in reply to: asburyj

Same issue as above.  now I get Error, product download consists of multiple files....

Can I please call u

Message 4 of 10
whelan
in reply to: whelan

Full error

Product download consists of multiple files.  At least on file is missing or has not been downloaded yet.

PLEASEHELP

Message 5 of 10
philip.s

@whelan, have you made sure to download both files before running the 1st?

In case you haven't or need to redownload one of them, the browser download versions can be found in our Virtual Agent

Message 6 of 10
whelan
in reply to: philip.s

It is still not working.  I tried the virtual agent and still says Product download consists of multiple files.  At least.....

I am PLTW training this upcoming Saturday to 30 teachers on Inventor

Message 7 of 10
philip.s

And you can confirm that you downloaded both files?

Typically when this has been an issue it's because the 2nd download file is not initiating, where the workaround is to use a different browser. If that's still not working have you tried a different method such as Install Now? 

Download from Autodesk Account

INVENTOR DOWNLOAD.PNG

Message 8 of 10
asburyj

What are the filenames of the two parts you have downloaded?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 10
ccoolest
in reply to: philip.s

Page Not Found....
Message 10 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ccoolest

@ccoolest

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Inventor 2014 is no longer supported and thus there's no live download for it anymore.

Why do you need this legacy version?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report