Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Installation Problems

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
bone3
1788 Views, 30 Replies

Autodesk Installation Problems

Hello,

I'm a student who decided to use the education program to make some animations. However I cannot do that. First I decided to try out 3Ds Max. Everything went ok till the installation itself. After a couple of tries I gave up and tried to install 3D Maya. Same problem. I meet the requirements. I have tried a couple of times following installation tutorials (deactivating antivirus program, closing other running programs, etc.) but they did not help. Burried myself in every possible article about such problems but couldn't find anything.  I can't see what kind of error this is because when I try to check the logfile nothing happens.  Here is everything I get when I try installing them (not only 3Ds Max but Maya, too): без име.JPG

If you don't know what the problem is, then at least tell me how to check the logfile, please.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
TravisNave
in reply to: hshdavidson

hshdavidson,

Sorry for the delay on this over the weekend.  Attached is a modified setup.ini file (just remove the .txt) that has the prerequisite checks for your Revit on the Visual C++ removed.  I have had success doing this before, so it may very well work for you, or you might end up with a different problem altogether.  It is at least worth a shot.  Definitely make sure you have the actual prerequisites installed, obviously, so that the product will work as expected.  Let me know if you still have problems.  And thank you for being polite and professional.  Smiley Wink

Good Luck!

Note:  I went into the file and removed all instances of VCREDIST on a search, including references to the 3rd party installers at the bottom. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 22 of 31
hshdavidson
in reply to: TravisNave

Boy, is this really getting to be a pain in the butt. 

I am having trouble downloading the attachment you sent.  On the discussion-group page the attachment is actually a link.  When I click on it I get a new page filled with text which I presume I am supposed to copy and paste into a .txt file.  But on the webpage  there are these � characters that appear between each letter in the text. I paste into Notepad and I get a little box character there.

What is going on?  How do I correct this?

Thanks,

scott

Message 23 of 31
TravisNave
in reply to: hshdavidson

Right-click the link of the file and Save target as...  That should save it as the file.  Then just remove the .txt extension leaving just setup.ini.  Replace the one you have with this one and start the installer.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 24 of 31
hshdavidson

I tried the right-click but no "save target" option there, only "Save Link as...". But I was able to edit teh characters out with Wordpad, replaced the original -.ini isth it and ran it.  Failed like so:

midway through installation, and at various times in teh process:

.netframework2.0(x64):  "Error: .netframe versionincompatible with previous installed one"

setup.exe: " netframe encountered problems..." Failed

seupverifier.exe - DLL Initialization failed"         

Revit 2012:  1309 Error.  file c:.../../AutoDesk Design review 2012.name.png.  make sure you have this file."  Ignore

Again: 1309 Error.  .../DesignRev-install.png.  Ignore

Netframe 3.5 SP1 Setup:  I chose "repair"  : "restoring to original state"

Revit 2012:  1309 Error.  file c:.../../ArchVis_Stills_...Spirea.rpc.png.  make sure you have this file."   Ignore

Then Revit continues setup until the Installer crashes. 

Why is this happening to me?  Its really getting frustrating, not to mention time-consuming.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Message 25 of 31
TravisNave
in reply to: bone3

Are you using Internet Explorer? Make it your default browser. If you have .NET Framework issues, I provide a cleanup tool for that too in my signature. Hang in there...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 26 of 31
wlaubner

After 8 attempts and taking acad to a computer repair ship; he finally had to reformat mat my disk to get it to load. It only cost me a mere $175 to get it done........where do I send the bill to..?
Message 27 of 31
TravisNave

Formatting and reinstalling can be done for free. The fact of the matter is that the installation problems are due to prerequisite files, not the Autodesk software. In my opinion, you overpaid for service that wasn't necessary.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 28 of 31
wlaubner

It's because auto desk was untimely or completely lacking in a fix. Rather they said contact a local retailer. That's not a fix and this guy spent a lot of time attempting installation over and over again. The lack of support SUCKS.
Message 29 of 31
TravisNave

Support is handled primarily thru the reseller partner channel. If you want better support, buy from a value-added reseller and not by clicking buy now on a website like CDW. This is a peer-based forum. We choose to help out the community for the greater good. Glad you are up and running.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 30 of 31
hshdavidson

Finally got back to trying to install Revit on my WinXP64 machine.  I used IE to downloaded the setup.txt file you attached,  placed it, as a .ini file, in the installer folder and let her rip.  Same stuff.  Several  missing .png file messages came up during the installatoin but it kept on installing.  Could my download of Revit be corrupted?  red Xs next to all three apps. 

I'm attaching the Installation Log file.

thanks for your help.

Message 31 of 31

Hi, I've been having the same problem. Where can I find this Setup.ini file? I want to try this method you guys are talking about.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report