Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Installation Problems

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
bone3
1789 Views, 30 Replies

Autodesk Installation Problems

Hello,

I'm a student who decided to use the education program to make some animations. However I cannot do that. First I decided to try out 3Ds Max. Everything went ok till the installation itself. After a couple of tries I gave up and tried to install 3D Maya. Same problem. I meet the requirements. I have tried a couple of times following installation tutorials (deactivating antivirus program, closing other running programs, etc.) but they did not help. Burried myself in every possible article about such problems but couldn't find anything.  I can't see what kind of error this is because when I try to check the logfile nothing happens.  Here is everything I get when I try installing them (not only 3Ds Max but Maya, too): без име.JPG

If you don't know what the problem is, then at least tell me how to check the logfile, please.

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
bone3
in reply to: bone3

Anyone?

Message 3 of 31
TravisNave

Attach the log file, as it will include the reason for failure.  If you cannot get to it from the GUI link in the failed install, then you can get to it manually by typing %TEMP% in your Start > Run box.  Sort by date.  The installation log file should appear near the top if it was the last thing you did.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 31
hshdavidson
in reply to: TravisNave

I have a similar problem.  I'm a student trying to install Revit Arch 2012 in WinXP64.  I successfully installed AutoCAD 2012 first, then revit.  The installer gets all teh way throuhg then tells me that install of all apps hvae failed.  I tried (as per Autodesk site instructions: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617) to uninstall all Autodesk stuff etc. and then reinstalled AutoCAD.  When I tried to install Revit the same thisn happened.  Here is the log file:

2012/1/27:13:38:14    Administrator    EVOL    === Setup started on EVOL by Administrator ===
2012/1/27:13:38:14    Administrator    EVOL    Launch
2012/1/27:13:39:39    Administrator    EVOL    === Setup ended ===

2012/1/27:13:38:18    Administrator    EVOL    === Setup started on EVOL by Administrator ===
2012/1/27:13:38:18    Administrator    EVOL    Launch
2012/1/27:13:39:39    Administrator    EVOL    PageOpen    LaunchDialog        
2012/1/27:13:39:51    Administrator    EVOL    PageOpen    LicenseDialog        
2012/1/27:13:40:31    Administrator    EVOL    PageOpen    ProductInfoDialog        
2012/1/27:13:41:06    Administrator    EVOL    PageOpen    ProductSelectionDialog2        
2012/1/27:13:41:15    Administrator    EVOL    PageOpen    FullProgressDialog        
2012/1/27:13:41:15    Administrator    EVOL    Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86): C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit(1)\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe /q /l C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log
2012/1/27:13:41:18    Administrator    EVOL    Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603
2012/1/27:13:41:18    Administrator    EVOL    PageOpen    InstallCompleteDialog        
2012/1/27:13:41:33    Administrator    EVOL    === Setup ended ===

Looks like installation of Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable failed.  shall I try installing this first seperately?\]

Thanks

scott

Message 5 of 31
TravisNave
in reply to: hshdavidson

Chances are it is failing because a newer version is already installed. Rather you should uninstall the Visual C++ 2010 and then let the installer reinstall it on its own.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 31
bone3

Thanks for the advise. So here is the logfile. To make it short: Errors 1622 and 1619 occur. What should I do?

Message 7 of 31
TravisNave

Consider copying the entire contents of your media to a folder on your local hard drive and install from there.  Make sure that you have local admin rights and that your anti-virus is disabled. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 31
bone3

What do you mean by "contents of your media"?

Message 9 of 31
TravisNave

If this is a download, than it's already done for you.  I had just noticed you were installing from F:\ and I wanted to make sure it was not a disc or USB media. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 31
bone3

So what do you suggest then?

Message 11 of 31
TravisNave

Login as another user account with local admin rights and attempt to install again. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 31
hshdavidson

Im the other guy. Sorry to barge in on this discussion.  I tried to uninstall Visual C++, then reintalling Revit.  Now I have both Revit and A. Design Review as failed installations.  All 3 items have red Xs in front of them and the Revit and Autodesk Design Review have "failed" in front.  (last time only ADV had a "failed" in front of it)

Ive attached my log-file below.

Now what?

Message 13 of 31
TravisNave

Looks to be failing on Visual C++ 2005 and 2010.  You have uninstalled both?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 31
bone3

Thank you! Everything works fine now. I installed without a problem 3Ds Max and 3D Maya. Thank you again!

Message 15 of 31
hshdavidson

No, I only uninstalled Visual C++  2010 (x86).  I have 21 installments of Visual C++ , up to and including -x64 Redistributable 10.0.40.219 (which looks like it was installed by SolidWorks)

I imagine that the earlier versions have been superceded by the later and are no longer necessary.  Should I remove everything?  (8 are -2005)

Thanks for the help.

Message 16 of 31
TravisNave

No, if you have that many it's almost better just to modify your setup.ini file and delete the prerequisite check for those that won't install.  It's a little advanced, but it works.  If you can't figure it out, attach the setup.ini file and I'll see what I can do.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 31
hshdavidson

Yeah, I haven't got a clue on how to modify the setup.ini file.  I've attached it and woudl very much appreciate your help in modifying it.   Apparently I can't attach an .ini file to this post, so I jsut changed the extension to .txt.

what does "Failed  Installation aborted, Result=1619" mean?

thanks so much.

Message 18 of 31
wlaubner

I am getting the same error problem and cannot get beyond this failure.

ACAD offers no support to someone who cannot get past this issue.

Can you help.

I am not a literate computer guy, so the terms, language does not help me and all I want is someone to walk me thru it.

702-423-6280

Message 19 of 31
TravisNave

Autodesk provides support thru its Value Added Reseller partner channels.

Please start a new thread. In the mean-time, use the search functionality to lookup potential answers.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 31
wlaubner

I did, and if you read everyone's comments it's obvious there is a problem given the common error message.
Just answer with a solution not check with unknown parties. !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report