Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad lt 2007 aborts when trying to install please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Wobblyleggedwiz
378 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad lt 2007 aborts when trying to install please help!

I have installed Autocad lt on several computers and not had a problem . It has installed on our older windows 7 laptop no problem and on a windows 8 laptop, but I have jsut bought a new windows 7 leptop and am having problems installing.

It installs viewer then flash and then brings up an unusual window - windows installer. You click ok and it says this -

"Autocad lt 2007 english installation is aborted view set up log for details"

Setup log reports error 1639. I have tried turning off firewall and antivirus and it still won't load.

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Autodesk 2007 products are not supported on Windows 8.  They are not even supported on Windows 7.  In fact, they are not even supported on Vista.  The 2007 line is too old and has been retired. Since support for XP has been retired this month, I strongly suggest that you upgrade. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

Thanks but that doesn't explain why it installed ok on another windows 7 and a windows 8??!

Message 4 of 6

Irrelevant.  It is unsupported. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

So that others know what I tried and what eventually worked...

Changed my uac contols to low turned off firewall turned off anti virus.... I got a patch sp2but ccouldn't use it as it wasn't installed.

In the end it must have been a conflict as I wiped the computer and made it the first thing I put on. Thankfully both it and viz 08 work now. When they cost me 3k plus you have to find a way to make it work!
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Wobblyleggedwiz

>>>...Changed my uac contols to low turned off firewall turned off anti virus...<<<
Interestingly that's the number one thing you must do to install AutoCAD anytime anywhere, glad it finally clicked. If you didn't have to do it on other PCs I suspect your UAC was already disabled or non-functioning, a more serious system issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report