Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2010 License Transfer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevin
347 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Architecture 2010 License Transfer

My computer has a flaky motherboard.  We thought we were going to be able to export the license out of that computer with the LTU and into this new computer.  However, when i put in the Serial number to export, it says it is not valid.  

I have tried to activate the new install on the new computer and to the same error.  The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

I think this is due to our subscription running out on the product, but I am just trying to deactive the license on a bad machine and send it to a new machine.  The old machine will be recycled, after I get migrated off of it.  

What should my next step be?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: kevin

@Kevin wrote:

I think this is due to our subscription running out on the product, but I am just trying to deactive the license on a bad machine and send it to a new machine.  The old machine will be recycled, after I get migrated off of it.  

What should my next step be?

yes it could be because your subscription expired

and that 2010 serial number was upgraded to something else

you can try this way: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20119851&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
kevin

I can not use this method, as it still says my serial number is not valid.  I have checked with the orginal packaging, and it is correct.  I have the request code but can go no further as it alway error on my serial number.

It does not matter if I use the activate on the product or website, same issue. 

Message 4 of 4
camilo.lemos

Hi Kevin,

As DarrenP mentioned above, it is likely that your product has been upgraded to a newer version. Please, send me your serial number via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) so that I can verify this for you and we can then proceed to activate your software.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report