Unfortunately we had upgraded LT 2008 to LT2011. A lot of problems arose:
- LT freezes after starting wich we could only solve by upgrading .net framework to v4. Without v3.5 LT runs but
we are not able to use the ribbons, only LT classic. Is this solvable?
- When using LT, after 5 to 10min the systems runs out of memory and shuts LT down. We are under a workstation
with VIsta 64 bits with 8Gb RAM, QuadCore Intel 2,4Ghz, and 512Mb graphics. How is this possible?
- On a second workstation autocad 2011 has the same problem with the ribbons (framework??)
Thanks on advance,
Yes there is! Paying and spending a lot of time and productivity wich we are not able to now....
We upgraded the software after clarifying that everything was vista 64 capable, so it must work.
If autodesk it's at disposal to pay us the windows upgrade we can accept it.
The default installations should work on Windows Vista. My suggestion to goto Windows 7 is because the operating system based on my personal experience is a lot better! Ultimately, when things to go wrong, at some point, you may need to reformat and reinstall the operating system and if you do, Windows 7 is the way to go.
In order to try to resolve your AutoCAD issue, I would indeed try the following:
1. Uninstall the product cleanly.
2. Resintall the product.
3. Launch Product and confirm if default ribbons show up. It they don't show up, you will need to hack the registry to 'reset' AutoCAD.
4. To reset AutoCAD, check out this solution:
You will need to extrapolate the registry values for AutoCAD LT 2011.
NOTE: BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE DELETING ANY KEY.
Already done and up to date.... No results: keep freezing!
After a 6h remote assitance with Portuguese main reseller programmers the result was: keep freezing!
Solution: ask for payback or 2012 version offer? (the trial versions of 2012 work fine on both, nobody can explain it)
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.