Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocac 2012 thinks it's already installed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
abaldor
2684 Views, 4 Replies

Autocac 2012 thinks it's already installed

I tried to install autocad 2012 from an image on a server but it failed. I deleted all autodesk programs from add remove programs and all folders from program files. I used the uninstall tool tool Autodesk has on their website but that failed to competely clear atucoad 2012 from my system. I am now trying to install CAD2012 from the orginial disk. Once i get to the install screen it says that Autocad2012 is "insatlled." how can i fix ths?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
grimline
in reply to: abaldor

Try this:

go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > select Map 2012 > install or repair

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2016
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

You'll probably want to try the Autodesk clean uninstall method. If that doesn't work, you might consider the MSI Cleanup. Both options are provided in my footer below. Please read everything carefully before you begin. Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
abaldor
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the replies but still having the issue. I lauched the MSI cleanup tool but AutoCAD 2012 was not listed. I am thinking that i may need a registry cleaner to purge all the autocad2012 entries but there are a ton. There has to be an easier way.

Message 5 of 5
alison.gangler

Hi,

The Windows Installer entries that report the application as being installed are also listed in the following post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-installer-says-the-product-is-already-i...

You can search for the app name in these three keys and remove them at the GUID level (after backing up the registry, of course) and then launch the installer again. Depending on the OS, the cleaning utilities can either help or should be used with extreme caution, as in the case of Win7 and Windows Installer Clean-up util. Another possible choice is CCleaner

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report