Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD2004 Free Download no trial version

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
daprelipp
79600 Views, 18 Replies

AutoCAD2004 Free Download no trial version

Is there a free version of AutoCAD 2004 or LT that does not require a key code.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
aaronhai
in reply to: daprelipp

AutoCAD 2004 is an end-of-life product and is no longer supported or in production. You may evaluate the current product trial versions here - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13779351

There are no free version available.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 19
Aerynb

Personally, I think you should  force me to use this new crap you put on the market as an excluse for a drawing program. If I need something like that filling my pc with garbage, I'll ask for it. In the mean time, You should have some respect for the people who actually know how to do math and appreciate something that works for them. Stop trying to force me to "conform" and be like everyone else. When I want my programs to be "idiot-proof" I'll let you know.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 19
waqasullahkhan26
in reply to: Aerynb

i can,t downloading it send me thesoftware exict web siteplz 

Message 5 of 19

how can i download it
Message 6 of 19

can you help me to download i am a student 

Message 7 of 19

Hi @waqasullahkhan26 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

You can download all versions available for students from the Education Community. All you need to do is register an account for free.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 19
dmitriy.alk
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello! Where I take link on Autocad LT 2004?

Message 9 of 19

@dmitriy.alk

Welcome to the community..

As indicated earlier, the 2004 version is an obsoleted product, no longer supported and there's no link to download it.  Why do you need such an old version of the software?

Also if you're basing your response on camilo.lemos posting back in 2015, where you can download all the versions in the Educational section, that statement may be a interpret a different way.  You can only get 2016, 2015 and the 2014 version.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 19
efoxSMI
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark, I have a need for ACAD 2004 in order to open some old drawings created with AutoCAD and a 3rd party add-on that does not have backward compatibility. Is 2004 absolutely unavailable from Autodesk? There are online sites that offer downloads but the trustworthiness of these sites worries me and I am very reluctant to go that route. The problem is I have to get 2004 one way or another. My company is a current Autodesk customer and own's a number of AutoCAD licenses. Thanks, Eric Fox
Message 11 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: efoxSMI

AutoCAD 2004 is a end of life product.   Most likely Autodesk is not going to give you a link to an obsolete product and it doesn't matter how many Autodesk license you currently have.  Do you have a reseller?

If you're on subscription you could try and request for a serial # for 2004 (previous usages) but there will still be no link provided to download the software.  In addition any site offering AutoCAD product downloads that are not a linked to Autodesk in some way will only lead you into hot water and possible fines.  I would avoid them at all cost.   Finally if you do get your hands on a trial of the 2004 it can't be used for any production work/conversion.  Trials are only for testing purposes only.

I have a need for ACAD 2004 in order to open some old drawings created with AutoCAD and a 3rd party add-on that does not have backward compatibility  As I read this, is the 3rd party add-on related to AutoCAd 2004 and that's why you can't open these legacy files in newer versions of AutoCAD.  IF you don;t mind me asking what is the app that is holding you back?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 19
amymable
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

@dmitriy.alk

Welcome to the community..

As indicated earlier, the 2004 version is an obsoleted product, no longer supported and there's no link to download it.  Why do you need such an old version of the software?

Here's an answer to this question... because it still works and provides the service that the customer required when they first purchased it. Why would someone "NEED" to purchase the 2016, 2015, or 2014 version? Because they need the services that those packages provide. Not everyone desires to pay out money for the newest edition unless it's necessary to do so. Small businesses can't afford to do this over and over at every turn. The software isn't inexpensive, and manufacturing has taken a hard hit over the past 7-9 years. We have to be conservative in our expenditures. 

Also if you're basing your response on camilo.lemos posting back in 2015, where you can download all the versions in the Educational section, that statement may be a interpret a different way.  You can only get 2016, 2015 and the 2014 version.

Message 13 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: amymable

@amymable

I fully understand what you're saying and certain companies can't afford new software..  I get that.

But as a user who supports this forum, I first check to see why a legacy/retired product is needed.   Just because someone requested it doesn't mean we the users can provide it.   I look for a detail explanation so we can provide the best solution..  Do you realize how many people coming here looking for serial #s and activation codes for legacy versions that they never owned in the first place.  So in the end I'm not going to provide solutions to non-compliant situation or just because someone wants a legacy version..  I rather ask..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 14 of 19
natasha.l

Hello @daprelipp,

This is an older post but I would like to update everyone on the status of this issue. 

Autodesk provides support for current version & three versions back. If the download you need is not located within the Virtual Agent and contact Customer Care to see if your product is still available if it is 2012 or newer. Please note that any older unsupported versions can become unavailable at any time & may not function on a newer operating system. Please review the system requirements before attempting to download & install.

If you are having trouble Opening older DWG files in a newer version, please click the link to review. Also, there is software available that can convert file versions, take a look at our Viewer Software.

Thank you. 

Message 15 of 19
boechat
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you I will try again

Message 16 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: boechat

@boechat 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Try again what?

Mark Lancaster

Message 17 of 19
sonia7yy5

thanks

Message 18 of 19

I WANT INSTALLER AOTOCAD

Message 19 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: muhammadali555425

2004 is no longer available hasn’t been for a while

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report