Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 checks for a valid license several times a day

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
troydutton
393 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 checks for a valid license several times a day

(I posted this issue earlier in the AutoCAD 2013 section, but it was suggested that I might find a better answer here.)

I have Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013 installed, running in 64 bit Win 7. It is an individual installation (the license is not shared with anyone else).

My issue is that several times a day when I start AutoCAD 2013 it checks for a valid license. Each time this happens it takes from 5-20 seconds longer (occasionally more) for AutoCAD to launch. My internet connection is 36 Mb/s down and 6 Mb/s up, so this is not a contributing factor. The issue arises because we have thousands of drawing files spread among dozens of folders and subfolders, and it is much easier and faster to find files in Windows Explorer than using  AutoCAD's Select File window. We manufacture a lot of custom parts, and to locate the correct drawing I sometimes have to open and view 10+ drawings. I can leave AutoCAD open and just close the drawing and then find and double-click the next drawing in Explorer, but sometimes after I open/close a few drawings in this manner AutoCAD stops responding. I don't want to just associate a drawing viewer with my .dwg files, because once I find the correct file I usually need to edit it. I stuck with AutoCAD R14 for a lot of years because it opens/closes almost instantaneously, but  R14's drawing file format is too outdated plus R14 doesn't work well with Win 7. 

My question is:  Is there any way to reduce how often AutoCAD 2013 checks for a valid license?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: troydutton

我怎么才能申请 AutoCAD 2013 的激活码呢 ?

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: troydutton

Right-click your AutoCAD 2013 icon on your desktop and choose Enable/Disabled Digital Signature Icons.  Uncheck the box.  Reboot.

Also, make sure you have local admin or power-user rights to your machine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report