Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013, Windows 8

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
kmfinchpdx
45285 Views, 29 Replies

AutoCAD 2013, Windows 8

Will the educational version of AutoCAD run on Windows 8? Microsoft says it's compatible but some people have said it doesn't work. Also wondering about the educational version of Revit.

Tags (2)
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
nancya4
in reply to: kmfinchpdx

I have just purchased a new laptop that has Windows 8 on it and I can hardly wait until it is delivered. I am in my last semester of interior design school, and I needed a new machine that would be able to run AutoCad 2013 and Revit 2013 at the same time. It occurred to me that they might not run on Windows 8 and so, after a mild panic attack, I have been reading the forums to find answers. I am encouraged by what I have read, and I have a few answers/explanations for some of the posts.

kmfinchpdx - "UAC" as stated earlier in this thread, is User Access Control and for Windows 7 it is in the Action Center on the control panel. It acts like the parental control on your TV; there are different levels of safety you can choose from.

As for why Windows 8 loads for some people and not others is because there are lots and lots and lots, did I say lots, of different programs that all have their own set of parameters that can be changed. A few of them are: Windows firewall, the web browser you are using, network and internet options, user accounts, credential manager, and the list goes on. Any one of these can cause problems due to their safety settings. I hope this helps clear up your confusion.

Message 22 of 30
ryalexander

If you haven't seen this yet then here is the "official" updates of what's compatible http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

This is the only info they told me when I asked on twitter.

They don't seem to be doing anything seeing as that hasn't changed for a lgood amout of time. I just wish I didn't need CAD because I have win8 all ready to upgrade to on my puter and it's really frustrating having to wait in case I can't get it to work when I update.

If the next one does come out in the Summer, they had better make it win8 compatible. 😞 Can't wait...

Message 23 of 30
kmfinchpdx
in reply to: ryalexander

Sounds like Autodesk is slowly making it's products compatible with Windows 8. I too bought a new computer in December because my old computer was really too slow to run AutoCAD 2012 and did not have the video capability to run Revit which I really need to learn. Frustrating.
Message 24 of 30

I have been using AutoCAD LT 2013 on a Windows 8 machine for 5 weeks now. It was working perfectly. Recently User-Defined hatching has been crashing it but I haven't found out why. Otherwise still fine.

Message 25 of 30
hoelzlein
in reply to: drjdrjdrjdrjdrj

Can confirm this. AutoCAD 2013 is running fine with Windows 8 64-Bit.

Message 26 of 30

drjdrjdrjdrjdrj wrote: I have been using AutoCAD LT 2013 on a Windows 8 machine for 5 weeks now. It was working perfectly. Recently User-Defined hatching has been crashing it but I haven't found out why. Otherwise still fine.

Please note that problem seemed to have fixed itself

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2013-User-Defined-Hatch-quot-Not-Responding-quot...

Currently working 100% OK

Message 27 of 30
GTVic
in reply to: drjdrjdrjdrjdrj

I've just installed 2013 x64 on Windows 8.1. Windows interrupted and did an install of .NET 3.5 before running the AutoCAD setup. I turned off Fusion and 14 components installed without any problem. Added SP2 afterwards with no problem and the Civil 3D Object Enabler.

Message 28 of 30
rgraffe
in reply to: nancya4

Upgraded my Windows 8 to 8.1 and now my Civil 3d 2012 seems to work OK - hasn't crashed yet working in my road or site designs.  I get a small error when exiting program - something I am sure I can fix.   Make sure file and printer sharing is on - when I upgraded Windows file sharing got turned off.

Message 29 of 30

need producy key
Message 30 of 30
juanm1958

NO AutoCAD student version will work on windows 8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report