Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Fails to Install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
560 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Fails to Install

Hi, I am having a problem installing AutoCAD on my business laptop. I have admin privileges, and I opted to install as a standalone installation; not using a enterprise or network license. Installing ACAD as the only package (9 steps to the install), it installs fine untill it reaches the 2nd last step, language packages.

I get the error:  AutoCAD does not have access to modify c:\Documents and Settings\~user ID~\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\acd.dhlp

at this point, the installation rolls back all the completed steps, and shows that ACAD failed to install.

I tried looking for this file, and nothing is there!!! (show hidden files is checked)

Please help me getting this 4000$ piece of software working.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

System is Win XP SP3

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

have you full admin-rights?

Have you had antivirus-/defender-/firewall-/other protecting software disabled during install?

Have you tried to install AutoCAD when logged in to your Windows with another (admin-)account?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report