Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Crashes on Start

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
ottoman42
10462 Views, 48 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 for Mac Crashes on Start

I downloaded and installed AutoCAD2011 twice and both times everything worked fine, but it always Crashes on the loading screen. No error message or anything.  Can anyone help with this?

48 REPLIES 48
Message 21 of 49
david_a07
in reply to: axel.bastin

same problem, already changed the language and still the same 

Message 22 of 49
ottoman42
in reply to: david_a07

So whats the deal AutoDesk? Does anyone from the company read these forums? There is a big issue…at least acknowledge the existence of the problem.

Message 23 of 49
MarcO-TAB
in reply to: ottoman42

Yeah, same problem for me, downloaded twice, changed the language, nothing works.

I really don't understand, because, there are no crash report or error message, not even on logs.

It would be nice indeed to have a little help over here !!

Message 24 of 49
Bobse

Finally, it works here 🙂

Here is my solution: Delete all Preference files and the Application Support files related to Autodesk. Then use the uninstaller inside the Autodesk folder and manually delete the remaining files and folders. Then reinstall Autodesk and voila - it works (at least here for me!) 🙂

Bobse

PS: I have changed my language settings form Germn to English a few days ago and not changed it until now.

Message 25 of 49
ottoman42
in reply to: Bobse

Where are all the places that autocad leave files?

Message 26 of 49
Bobse

These are all places I am aware of:

/Users/max/Library/Application Support/Autodesk
/Users/max/Library/Autodesk/Users/max/Library/Preferences/com.autodesk.AutoCAD.1.0.plist
/Users/max/Library/Preferences/com.autodesk.AutoCAD.plist
/Users/max/Library/Preferences/com.autodesk.AutoCAD.R18.1.ACAD-9031.409.plist
/Users/max/Library/Preferences/com.autodesk.MC3Framework.plist
/Library/Application Support/Autodesk
/Library/Autodesk
/Library/Preferences/com.autodesk.MC3Framework.plist

Message 27 of 49
ottoman42
in reply to: Bobse

Nope still broken for me. Anyone from Autodesk want to help us out over here?

Message 28 of 49
MarcO-TAB

I am aware that there is a little script file called ' acadcleanup.bsh ' that can be found on internet to get rid of everything left some previous Autocad installation.

I haven't tried it yet because I haven't had the time to really search for this thing but from what I heard, it does the job, but unfortunetly, people say it's great without giving any links to download such a piece of script!! 😞

Anyway, if I find a link I'll post it here...

Message 29 of 49
grb.arq

i have the same problem... I tried deleting everything on my mac but still nothing...

Its driving me up the wall....!

Surely some one from autodesk should be able to help us with this problem...Smiley Mad

this is bloody ridiculous!

All this time waiting for this product and they cant even get the startup right!

Message 30 of 49
axel.bastin

yay!! it worked thank you!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 49
daveamos

Yeah, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, removing preferences, everything. It still doesn't work for me. It would be nice if Autodesk would acknowledge the problem and give an ETA for a bug fix. It's pretty annoying!

Message 32 of 49
l3lain

are we surprised guys.? yet another half baked release from autodesk.. maybe 2012 will address the not working issue.. maybe 2013... 

Message 33 of 49
ottoman42
in reply to: l3lain

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING!

Message 34 of 49
tharinduelkin

autodesk you are a joke

1. My installer says the installation fails

2. The autocad is in my apps folder, but crashes when i try to open it

i'm on my 5th installation attempt

autocad 2011 for mac is proving to be well worth the wait... 

Message 35 of 49
l3lain

autodesk won't respond here until they have a solution.. we'd just bitch at them more if they posted nething.. they'll issue a fix, like they have for every other unfinished release, in the form of a new version 2012.. that's their track record anyway.. when was the last time you dl'd a sorely needed update patch for autocad.?

Message 36 of 49
ottoman42
in reply to: l3lain

That frustrates me beyond belief! VectorWorks 2011 was released about a month ago. A week ago they released an update that solved many many many bugs. How come nemetschek can do this easily where autodesk just releases new 2012 versions?

Message 37 of 49
brian.kling

I sincerely regret the delay in responding back to this thread.  Please know that the information was passed along to the Development Team several weeks ago and they are looking into the matter.  They will follow up when a determination has been made.

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 38 of 49
oswaldj90
in reply to: brian.kling

Is there any sort of time frame for when this will be fixed? Running on a Macbook Pro 7,1 with the same problem.

Message 39 of 49
teffcz

same problem here, MB white 2010 , macosx 10.6.5

Message 40 of 49
teffcz
in reply to: teffcz

ok now fixed... the background was a window of activation, which had no icon and before I noticed him

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report