Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Serial Key will not work

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jmh54
774 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Serial Key will not work

We just updated our computer from Windows XP to Windows 7. We have installed AutoCAD 2011 (that was on this computer before the update) But it will not recognize the serial #. I don't know how to go about fixing this problem. I have the original disk and serial # and product key. PLEASE HELP!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: jmh54

Hi Jessica,

When you say that the product will not recognize your serial number, what do you mean exactly? If you could provide the exact error message that would be great.

Please keep in mind that serial numbers typically return errors when they have been marked upgraded or returned. Please respond to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
pendean

Someone in your office used your license to upgrade to the next version most likely: who has 20112/2013/2014 in your office?
Or someone else stole your info.

Elaborate with more info on the error message AutoCAd presented you with when it failed.
Message 4 of 7
jmh54
in reply to: jessica.t

I was finally able to find a phone number for AutoDesk they resolved the solution. Thank you for your response though!
Message 5 of 7
jessica.t

You're welcome! Glad you got everything sorted out. Have a great weekend!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 7
orbitz20
in reply to: jessica.t

We just updated our computer from Windows XP to Windows 7.

We have installed before AutoCAD 2011 on this computer But it will not recognize the serial #.

The error message says:

The serial number you entered is not valid.

we have the original disk and serial # and product key. PLEASE HELP!

Message 7 of 7
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: orbitz20

Hi Rimar,

Invalid Serial Number error during Activation especially for Commercial Licenses occurs when the said Serial Number has been Upgraded to a  newer version. 

Send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial # so I can check and verify.

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report