Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add option file while licenses are borrowed from the network license manager?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mmanning
347 Views, 1 Reply

Add option file while licenses are borrowed from the network license manager?

I want to add an option file to my network license manager to limit the number of days users can borrow licenses, but some users already have license borrowed. Will adding an option file now have undesireable effects? For instance, I want to set the limit to 90 days but maybe some licenses are already checked out for 120.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: mmanning

No, it will not affect the borrowed duration on the client.  The client will still expire after 120 days.  However, after your new 90-day limit, the user may be unable to return the borrowed license early (if they are past the 90-day.)  But again, that will not have an adverse affect on the client as they will still be able to work. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report