Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 4 (508 Views)
Accepted Solution

Activation - Script Error - Picture Included

508 Views, 3 Replies
06-18-2013 01:59 PM

I have re-installed my AutoCad LT 2002 on my Vista laptop. Initially it worked fine, but now I get the script error shown in the attached file every time I run the software.  Could  somebody help?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

Re: Activation - Script Error - Picture Included

06-19-2013 08:46 AM in reply to: Charles22

You can probably ignore it.  Autodesk 2002 products were never meant to run on Windows Vista.  Just be lucky you got it working.  The .js script error is most likely to do with some sort of IE connection that is no longer valid or supported.  You might be able to avoid it by turning off script debugging, or disabling any other web connectivity within the software. 2002 is so old, I honestly can't recall what it does on launch.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)

06-19-2013 09:13 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply.  The problem is that Autocad stops working when I get the script error.  Only the first and perhaps the second time I used Autocad after re-installing it, it worked fine.  Is it possible to remove all the IE connectivity (like LT today) during the installation process?  This would probably solve the problem.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 4 (487 Views)

06-19-2013 09:27 AM in reply to: Charles22

I agree.  You could probably firewall block it.  That might keep it from trying to connect. 

Go under Tools > Options > System and select the "Do not show a Startup dialog" option.  That should prevent that from popping up on launch altogether.  At least, it worked on later versions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube