Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADM 2011 - Import Settings as part of network deployment?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
guyh
321 Views, 6 Replies

ACADM 2011 - Import Settings as part of network deployment?

I want to create a network deployment image which will allow me to also import a set of custom settings (the same as using the Start menu tool) but I am not sure how to go about this? 

Can anybody provide a guide if this is possible?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: guyh

Here is a very basic setup of a deployment of an .arg file:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/autocad-2012-a-very-basic-deployment-of-a-profile...

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
guyh
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks David but that is just a profile and not a full import of customisation files.  I want to create a deployment which sets the default settings based on an exported set of customisations.  Rather then having to install them for each new deployment using the migrate custom settings commands.  Is this possible?

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 7
Dazzman

I don’t think you can do it via the deployment but couldn’t you setup a deployment install it on 1 pc then customise it as needed then export a named arg file and then get the other systems to load this when they run so that everything is setup as needed?

Message 5 of 7
guyh
in reply to: Dazzman

Please forgive me if I am missing something because I've come back to AutoCAD from using Inventor mostly.  Will that process allow me to load all our customisations such as SAP interface menus and icons, other menu tools we have (cuiload), workspace etc?

I am trying to read up on this side of AutoCAD 2011 but it seems quite disjointed to me with the number of variables to manage.  Is there some good reading material on what all these options control and can be configured?  workspaces, profiles, customisations etc.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 6 of 7
Dazzman

We user the base default installation then customise support paths with  menus  loaded as an enterprise configuration and appload default custom applications we then save out a custom arg file that we load via a modified shortcut to get the users setup.

We don’t use custom workspace and I’ve never tried it but I’m sure someone else out there has.

I hope some of this helps.

Message 7 of 7
guyh
in reply to: Dazzman

Yeah it's a help, thanks.  I need to really read up in more depth on this and start from the begining.  I'm trying to pick up a historical installtion deployment that looks to have started with 2006 then to 2009 and now 2011.  Maybe I should start with the default install and build up what is required rather than just drag in an exported custimisation file.

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report