Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD Arch 2012 Deployment File Paths Error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rrountree
246 Views, 6 Replies

ACAD Arch 2012 Deployment File Paths Error

I am trying to deploy Architecture 2012 (64 bit) on my network and have gone through the deployment, entering my network support folders, express tools options etc.  Pretty easy, just like autocad 2008.  the issue I am having is when I run the deployment installation on the workstations, I get only about half the TOOLs>OPTIONs support files settings when I start the program on the target workstations.  And I don't get express tools.  I have double and tripple checked my deployment and all the settings are correct. 

I can change all the support file settings by hand and it works, but I can't get express tools. 

I even installed a copy to another 64bit machine from the install cd and changed all the settings by hand just to be sure all the paths are correct and that machine works great.  I would rather use the deploy since I have 15 machines to install. 

All are 64 bit Win 7 machines.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: rrountree

Are you deploying from a UNC path or a mapped drive?  Full write access to the share?  If you type EXPRESS in the command line, do you get the express tools?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
rrountree

For the 64 bit deploys I have used UNC because when I use a mapped drive in the file locations, the install fails immediatly, even if the local machine has the mapped drive in use. 

I have done the deployment install on each ws with the user logged on.  Each user is an administrator on the ws they are using.   

I also set the deploy to "non silent" mode so I can be sure of the setting as the install progresses. 

For the admin image location, and the shared file location, I am using the same drive that we used for ACAD2008.  XP 32 bit 2008 worked like a champ.  Now with Win7 and 64 bit it has issues.  Confusing.

Even 64bit Win7 with ACAD2008 deployed properly, but had some weird issue during use, hence the upgrade.  

Message 4 of 7
rrountree

One other thing, if I type ExpressTools at the command prompt, it says invalid command. 

The machine that I installed from disk, loaded the express tools menu when I ran the expresstools command.

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Interesting indeed.  It sounds like you did everything correctly.  You are running the shortcut in the root of the share, correct?  The share has full write access as well, correct?  Very odd behavior. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
rrountree

Travis,  thanks for the info and attention.  I have been making the depoys on my 64 bit laptop connected to the network via cable.  A think I will try to refresh the deploy from a permanent workstation and see if that changes it.  I have had issues with laptops accessing shares on our network in the past. 

regards.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

It's certainly worth a try.  I typically try to make the deployment from the server that will host the deployment.  As long as the share is set and the workstation can access the UNC path, you should be fine.  Update this post if you have further information.  Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report