Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC 2011 PL running problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
przemPL
466 Views, 4 Replies

AC 2011 PL running problem

Hello.

At the first I would like to apologize for my English, which is not good enough to communicate smoothly.

Today, I downloaded, from Autodesk official page, polish version of AutoCad 2011. I had no problems with instaled it. But when I try to run it, there is something strange. I double clicked on it, autocad starting, the first page of it is opening (gray background with red logo of autocad on left upper corner). But after few seconds, the program turns off. I tried run it with "run as administator" option, but it dosnt work. I have no idea what I have to do.

AutoCad is instaled on Vista.

Thanks for all posts.

przemPL

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: przemPL

Here's a couple of things to try:

1. Browse to and delete the file "Cascadeinfo.cas" from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADLM. Once it's deleted, start the application again to see if it fully loads.

2. If the above doesn't resolve the issue, right-click the desktop shortcut and choose properties. Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose Windows XP or a different vista setup listed.

Let me know if this works...

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5
przemPL
in reply to: Darin.Green

thanks for quickly answer

i tried both ways you recomended, but they didnt work.

Is it possible that the problem is caused by the fact that I had on the same machine installed earlier version of autocad? (autocad 2005).

I tried to install autocad 2012 PL version, and everything was ok. but I need 2011 PL version 🙂

do You have any other ideas?

thanks a lot one more time for your post

and I am waiting for anothers

przemPL

Message 4 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: przemPL

PrzemPL,

Its not good to install a previous version after a newer version was installed. First, try adjusting the virtual memory on your machine, using the process below. If this doesn't work, I think you should perform a clean uninstall of all autodesk products and reinstall them in chronological order starting with ACAD 2005 through 2012.

Clean Uninstall procedures

Check your virtual memory to make sure it's above the recommended size. For example, If the Recommended size is 4000, change the Initial Size to 4000 and set the Maximum size to 6000.

To access the virtual memory location, do the following:

Right-click My Computer, choose Properties

System Properties Dialog will open

Go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance

Performance Options dialog will open

Go to the Advanced tab, and click the Change button located at the bottom of the dialog

Keep me posted.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 5
przemPL
in reply to: Darin.Green

Problem is solved!

I installed patch 1.1 and now everything is OK 🙂

Thanks for help
 🙂

przemPL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report