Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2011 : Network licensing ceases to work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjsimpson1982
880 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max 2011 : Network licensing ceases to work

We've got a couple of network licenses for 3ds max 2011 at work.

I've had the same pattern occur twice now: I install 3ds max 2011, enter the license server details and then everything runs fine for a while (in the latest case, a week or so). Then, suddenly, it ceases to work with the following errors:

3ds_max_error_01.jpg

& Error 20

3ds_max_error_02.jpg

This has occurred on both of my work machines (each is running windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit). Neither the 32 or 64 bit versions of max can acquire a license on startup; both give the same error messages.

Crucially, my colleagues (who are running the same install with the same network license details) do not encounter this error. We have two licenses. Two of my colleagues can run max just fine. Even if we have one or two licenses available, I cannot run max. 

I've tried following various guides & forum posts (e.g. deleting/renaming the .cas file, checking that I can ping the license server from my machine and vice-versa) but nothing has fixed the problem.

Furthermore, we actually have a spare standalone license which I attempted to install after this error started occurring, but that didn't work, either! The LTU wouldn't run on the machine whose standalone license was to be transferred. Uninstalling that machine's copy of 3ds didn't help, as installing on a new machine wasn't possible -- the installer said my serial was not valid. I've got the install disc sitting next to me.

As you can imagine, after messing around with different license modes and still getting nowhere, I'm becoming quite frustrated.

Can someone please help me? I really need to resolve this problem, quickly as it's stopping me from getting my work done.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: mjsimpson1982

The -4 error simply means that you are out of licenses on the license manager.  You can do a status enquiry on the Server Status tab of LMTOOLS to determine who has the license checked out. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report