Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32bit AutoCAD on 64bit Windows 7 system

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
chris.chan
291412 Views, 40 Replies

32bit AutoCAD on 64bit Windows 7 system

can i install autocad 2010or 2011 32bit on window 7 64bit system?
40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
TravisNave
in reply to: chris.chan

No. You will need to install the 64-bit version. The disc media will have both versions and the appropriate one will install. If you downloaded your installation, then you will need to also download the 64-bit version as well.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 41
chris.chan

Thanks for your reply,
Is there any way I can install Autocad 2011 32bit on my new system Window 7 64bit, because I have a bolt on software which runs on Autocad, and the bolt on software only runs on Autocad 2011 32bit.
Message 4 of 41
TravisNave

No, not natively. What you can do is install a Windows XP Virtual PC from Microsoft. It comes free for Windows 7 users. That will allow you to run Windows XP from within Windows 7. That's probably your only choice for that PC.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 41
chris.chan

would the virtual PC with XP running Autocad be slow?
Message 6 of 41
TravisNave

Depends on your system, I suppose. Won't know until you try.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous

I am researching the same issue, add on customization requires 32 bit....
I am finding it "might" be possible to install in 32 bit compatibility
mode...
Not sure yet on that, or even how to do.. something to do with WOW64 mode

--
XP Pro
Intel Core2 Duo
p8400 @2.26 GHz
2.99GB Ram

GeForce 9800M GTS video card
wrote in message news:6397052@discussion.autodesk.com...
Depends on your system, I suppose. Won't know until you try.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 5148 (20100526) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5148 (20100526) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
Message 8 of 41
Mortoyz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

I was wondering if there has been any further update / developments to this initial question ?

We are soon to be in a similar problem where out native OS will be Windows 7 running in 64Bit and require Autocad 2010 to run in 32Bit mode to be able to support other applications which only run in 32Bit mode (at this stage).

I am hoping someone on this forum may have a solution / work around to this problem which seems likely to become more of common issue.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Marcis

Message 9 of 41
Marese

Same problem here. Anyone found other solutions? If that Longbow Converter can make it work, why is AutoDesk itself not making it easier for us right now. I know the solution should be coming from my plug-in seller but then again... they don't/can't.

They do have another new program that substitutes the program we are still working with but we would need to change our entire environment for that... and it will cost a lot of money. (Almost?) impossible at the moment!

Can't AutoCAD make the version work 32-bits on a 64-bits windows 7 machine for the time being? Why don't they do that?

I think installing a virtual windows xp pc, buying another program to convert AutoCAD and that sort of solutions are not the solving of the problem I seek. They are all work-arounds for a problem that perhaps could be solved easily by AutoDesk itself?

Message 10 of 41
WTLucas
in reply to: Marese

i'm looking at that software but, i feel Autodesk should have an answer for this matter.  I will typically being running in 64 bit mode but, will only need the 32 bit when doing FlexCad isometrics.  Would be an easy fix if FlexCad would run in 64 bit.  I don't want to burn 2 autocad license on each machine if i don't have to.  The cost is too high for this solution.  There should be an easy fix for this.

Thanks,
Todd
Message 11 of 41
emanelbanna

unfortunately (or oddly enough) this is not applicable for windows home premium

Message 12 of 41
danny.boy.1

Yes, http://www.longbowsoftware.com is great software.

I am using it and works well. Not problem to install 32 bit autocad on 64 bit system.

Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 41
VWEAPN
in reply to: danny.boy.1

can the autocad version be a copied version to be able to use the longbow converter?

Message 14 of 41
bapru

install windows virtual pc with windows xp mode. then you can install autocad and run it within that virtual pc environment

Message 15 of 41
tomhurns
in reply to: emanelbanna

XP mode is super slow, have you tried it? It's no good for CAD work

Message 16 of 41
JAHRANS

Did installing the xp virtual PC work to run your 2010/2011 versin of autocad?  I want to do this for an older version of Autocad.

Message 17 of 41
Marese
in reply to: emanelbanna

XP Mode 32 bit should be the same as having normal XP on a 32 bit system. So you can run versions in XP Mode 32 bit "the same" as you would have with XP 32 bit.

Only you probably have to tweak it a bit because it won't be going as smooth installing it as normal XP. And can cause several problems with AutoCAD.

But yes, I managed to install AutoCAD 2010 32 bit on a 64 bit machine. (needed it for additional software AutoCAD that only worked on a 32bit machine)

Message 18 of 41
adityapaudel

U CAN INSTALL but some features might not work properly so would recommened nono for installing 32 in 64

Message 19 of 41
fluffysoniaJ
in reply to: adityapaudel

Just so you all know, we are using the Longbow Converter tool to run our 32bit AutoCAD on 64bit Windows and we are having no problems at all - perfect, runs beautifully.

Message 20 of 41
tamukepaul
in reply to: Marese

i want auto cad 64 bits to be downloaded on my system

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report