Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Product Design Suite Installation Errors-And Inventor won't run

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RBartlett1
1514 Views, 3 Replies

2015 Product Design Suite Installation Errors-And Inventor won't run

I have had to install this software twice now on my PC. The first time, the software worked properly (as far as I can tell). The Autocad Mechanical 2015 installed with no migration application to bring in my 2014 customizations. So I had to install Autocad 2015 (vanilla), which came with the migration app, and had to modify it to work for Autocad Mechanical settings. OK, now I'm up and running. So I uninstalled the 2014 Suite, except for Showcase, which was not included in the 2015 suite, even though the product list on the Autodesk website said it would be included. I use this software all the time-inconvenient! Anyway, used 2015 for a couple days, and today Inventor stopped working. When I load it, it goes straight to the error reporting screen and will not run. Reinstalled Inventor, still no-go. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the entire suite (takes hours). During the re-install, I got the two error messages attached to this message. I did get these during the first install, but ignored them. Should I be worried about them?

UPDATE: After completely uninstalling and re-installing the 2015 suite, Inventor still won't run. It goes straight to the error reporting screen. I need this software to work. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: RBartlett1

This sounds like a rights issue in the registry.  Have you considered a system restore back to when it did work? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
RBartlett1
in reply to: TravisNave

SOLVED. I had Internet Explorer disabled, since I use Chrome for browsing. Inventor was trying to use a key that doesn't exist in a registry if Internet Explorer is disabled.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: RBartlett1

Thanks for the update.  Internet Explorer is a system requirement.  Thanks for verifying.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report