Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Deployment does not include SP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
311 Views, 3 Replies

2012 Deployment does not include SP

Created a deployment.  In it, I chose to include SP1.  The SP was "Append"ed to the deployment.  When I ran the deployment, it installed Inventor, but now when I go to Help in Inventor, it does not list SP1.  I then went to the windows control panel >Program and Features and it does not show the SP1 listed there either for Inventor.  I manually installed Showcase SP1 and it shows up in the control panel.

It looks to me like Inventor SP1 is not installed here.  Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: karthur1

If you want to include the SP in your deployment,you have two options during the creation.

1 "Include Service Pack(s) from Autodesk.com", if choose this option,you need click "Downloade" to wait the SP downloaded and will get the info of "Service Pack ready for install",then you can go on with the deployment.

2 "Include Service Pack(s) from local drive or local network", if choose this option, you need to download the .msp file first, and then "Add.." to your deployment.

I assume maybe you didn't finish download or not include SP in your deployment. You shoulde modify the deployment to check with that.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I guess maybe SP1 installed failed(the failure might caused by some unexpected things like OS need a hotfix, need log file to check it), you can check the log file in adminatrator deployment image folder to see if there is some notes about SP1 install.

if there is no notes about SP1 installing, please modify the deploy and add the SP1 again.

if only this one machine installed SP1 failed, you can install SP1(msp file) directly.

Message 4 of 4

Kevin,

Checkec the install log on the server.  I see where it installed Inv2012 and the language packs, but no mention in the log about the SP.  I guess I can modify the deployment (maybe remove the SP1) and then add it back.  I will go ahead and update it manually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report