Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
sgdodson
444 Views, 5 Replies

2010 painfully slow?

I just downloaded and installed AutoCAD Architecture 2010 64-bit student version (a.k.a. unemployed architect version) on Windows 7. I had been using Architectural Desktop 2008 (I think... or 2006). After several attempts at getting this thing to load up completely for the first time, I am finally in the program for the first time. It is PAINFULLY slow. I mean ridiculous - in the time it's taken for me to type this whole post, "options" to customize my user preferences still hasn't opened. Someone please tell me it's just because it's the first time everything is running, or if this is a real problem, or if it's just me!!! Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sgdodson

Have you verify the requirements ?
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13799982

Franck Hervet

"sgdodson" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
6374780@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I just downloaded and installed AutoCAD Architecture 2010 64-bit student
> version (a.k.a. unemployed architect version) on Windows 7. I had been
> using Architectural Desktop 2008 (I think... or 2006). After several
> attempts at getting this thing to load up completely for the first time, I
> am finally in the program for the first time. It is PAINFULLY slow. I
> mean ridiculous - in the time it's taken for me to type this whole post,
> "options" to customize my user preferences still hasn't opened. Someone
> please tell me it's just because it's the first time everything is
> running, or if this is a real problem, or if it's just me!!! Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
PhilvK

You’ve got something else going on there. I am still primarily using ACA 2009 but did load 2010 on my machine in anticipation of moving on up. I haven’t done so yet and although I’ve only used 2010 to explore things, I find that is almost as fast as my 2009 version. Both run very fast on my system which is 64 bit Windows 7.
Message 4 of 6
sgdodson

I was holding back... I'm running this with Windows 7 a brand new iMac - Intel core i7, 16 GB RAM - via Parallels Desktop 5. I didn't mention this before because I didn't want the Mac fury to overshadow what might be a different problem... but maybe it's the same problem after all. Anyone with any experience with this??

THANKS!
Message 5 of 6
sgdodson

By the way, other programs appear to be running fine on the Windows virtual machine which is why I'm convinced it's an autocad thing. Edited by: sgdodson on Apr 20, 2010 3:42 PM
Message 6 of 6
jose.rael

Hello,

Have you checked all Parallels settings? In particular RAM allocated to the virtual machine, and also the VideoRAM of the virtual Graphic card?

If you have installed your W7 on a Bootcamp partition, as a test, you should run ACAD on W7 booted directly on the Mac and not via Parallels, by doing so, you may validate ACAD installation or verify you still have performance issues or not? If not, then your perfromance issues may come from teh Parallels settings/installation?

Jose Rael
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report