Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 maximum borrow in opitons?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
bstaples
221 Views, 16 Replies

2005 maximum borrow in opitons?

Will 2005 allow a max borrow time to be set in the options file or will I still have to use the ADLM_BORROWMAX environment variable?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: bstaples

AutoCAD 2005 does support setting a maximum borrow period in the Options file, using the MAX_BORROW_HOURS keyword. With that change, the ADLM_BORROWMAX environment variable is no longer supported in AutoCAD 2005. Regards, Greg Suppes Autodesk, Inc. "bstaples" wrote in message news:17381363.1079555466500.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Will 2005 allow a max borrow time to be set in the options file or will I still have to use the ADLM_BORROWMAX environment variable?
Message 3 of 17
bstaples

great, thanks. Where can I find the updated user's guide for FLEXlm? I have version 9 from last March. Will it ship on the cd with 2005?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

You will find it on Macrovision's download site or you will get it when you update your license manager from the AutoCAD 2005 CD. You may also have this options file parameter documented in the user's guide you have now if it is the version 9 UG from Macrovision's site. It just will not work with AutoCAD versions 2004 and lower. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Professional Services "bstaples" wrote in message news:807709.1079646972971.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > great, thanks. Where can I find the updated user's guide for FLEXlm? I have version 9 from last March. Will it ship on the cd with 2005?
Message 5 of 17
bstaples

Thanks again. One last question, I'm only asking because it seems all the other features have to be set in seconds.........is the MAX_BORROW_HOURS specified in hours or does that have to be in seconds.....similar to the TIMEOUT feature?
Message 6 of 17
bstaples

Ahh, nevermind. I should stop and read before I ask. I found all the info I need in the users guide. Thanks for everyone's time and answers.

Brian
Message 7 of 17
JPM

I see that the Macrovision site is up to version 10.0 for FlexLM. Does anyone know if this works with AutoCAD 2005?

JPM
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

I thought I had heard that that was the version of FlexLM that comes with 2005. "JPM" wrote in message news:14596015.1079723658066.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I see that the Macrovision site is up to version 10.0 for FlexLM. Does anyone know if this works with AutoCAD 2005? > > JPM
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Hi, The AutoCAD 2005 product is supported on, and ships with FLEXlm v9.2.2. Regards, Greg Suppes "JPM" wrote in message news:14596015.1079723658066.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I see that the Macrovision site is up to version 10.0 for FlexLM. Does anyone know if this works with AutoCAD 2005? > > JPM
Message 10 of 17
patrick_aps

I have 2004 running on FlexLM 10. I'm just waiting for my 2005 subscription copy to become available...
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

It works with AutoCAD 2005 as well as 2004 and 2002. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "JPM" wrote in message news:14596015.1079723658066.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I see that the Macrovision site is up to version 10.0 for FlexLM. Does anyone know if this works with AutoCAD 2005? > > JPM
Message 12 of 17
JPM

Patrick,
Does FlexLM 10 fix the borrowing problem that existed with AutoCAD 2004 and FlexLM 9.x where you couldn't return a borrowed license early?
Thanks,
JPM
Message 13 of 17
patrick_aps

It seems indeed it works fine: I never did it before, but it works. I did the following
1) start the borrowing utilitiy 2) start ACAD2004 3) borrow the licence for 3 day 4) went to the server and stopped the AutoCAD 2004 FlexLM service. 5) could start AutoCAD with the borrowed lic 6) Went to the server again and started the service 7) in the borrowing utility, Returned the lic early
8) stopped the service 9) Acad couldn't get a lic (server not found)

So that's perfect.
The same server also has some InterGraph GeoMedia Licences. I'm going to try out if i can borrow a licence there also...
Message was edited by: patrick_aps
Message 14 of 17
JPM

Patrick,
Thanks for taking the time to do that. The borrowing function worked fine with the old 8.x FlexLM that shipped with AutoCAD 2004, but not with the update to 9.x. Thanks again for your effort.
JPM
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Hi, Could you be specific about your problem? Exactly what is broken? Please use LMTOOLS to determine the Flex version of the following files: LMGRD.EXE, ADSKFLEX.EXE, LMTOOLS.EXE, LMUTIL.EXE and LMBORROW.EXE The first four will be in your FLEXlm folder. LMBORROW will be in c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared. Also use the SET command to list out your environment variables. If ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE are set, please advise us of the values. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting Services "JPM" wrote in message news:11261730.1080051486609.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Patrick, > Thanks for taking the time to do that. The borrowing function worked fine with the old 8.x FlexLM that shipped with AutoCAD 2004, but not with the update to 9.x. Thanks again for your effort. > JPM
Message 16 of 17
JPM

Jimmy,
Enjoyed the AutoCAD 2005 review. Well done.
JPM
Message 17 of 17
JPM

Jerry,
None of that is necessary. See TS80362 on the AutoCAD Product Support web. This problem with FlexLM is documented there. In particular look at the Warning note.
JPM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report