Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kyouonee
2015 Views, 1 Reply

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in...

My most recent and recurring problem that I have waited for an answer or solution by mail for months.

My problem is following: 

1. I run Maya 2014 as admin. (It's my computer anyways)
2. As soon as the program finished loading, I get following message:

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/USER.20130926.1421.ma

3. The program turns off as soon as I click OK on the message.

Just to explain in advance, I'm a third year student at a little school called LBS in Sweden, taking game design class. So my technical or basic knowledge of how to deal with struggles like this equals would be below average without help.

So far I have tried to delete or re-name the prefs folder to fix this. 
Re-installing, deleting everything about maya from the computer just to install it again. 
The repairs are good for nothing as well.

It worked once though, but now the problem came back and nothing seem to work for me.
I'll add that I have worked with other projects on this computer already, and only went away for a week just to come back and find this problem again.

If it's to any help, these are my PC specs:
RAM: 8GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 680

Please ask me if there is anything you'd like to know because I'd like to solve this as soon as possible. Seeing I have several projects coming up, I need maya to work..

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
muscarua
in reply to: kyouonee

I have a similar problem. Tried everything and now attempting to rollback my graphics driver..is there a solution?

i3 2.3 GHz cpu

GeForce 520M, 1Gb Gpu

Win 7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report