Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS max 2013 crashes on start

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
456 Views, 4 Replies

3DS max 2013 crashes on start

this is a fresh install. I have installed the latest patch.

any ideas? I need this working soon for uni

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: 32044873

I suspect your video card driver.  What is your OS, video card, and driver version?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

I am running windows 8 64-bit. my card is a Nvidia gtx 620m (so an optimus card)

my driver version should be the latest as it updates automatically but ill check anyway... 

...It is version 320.49

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Disable the Optimus.  See the link in my signature about this.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
in reply to: TravisNave

I think you'll find that that only applies to the old style of optimus tech where the graphics card is able to render directly to the screen. this is no the case for my laptop where in the bios the only options are optimus or integrated graphics.

However I am able to use my optimus card easily out of the box with Blender, why doesn't 3DS max support this? has this changed in 3ds max 2014?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report