Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenate?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
david.garrigues
7029 Views, 1 Reply

Concatenate?

Hey everyone I am trying to figure out if there is a way to edit the script by useing the block names from the SDF by using the BLOCKNAME property.  I have tried lots of different things and cannot come up with anything?

CITY_FURNITURE.MANUAL_STYLE = ("3D Model/Vehicles/"  + (SOURCE["BLOCKNAME"]);

CITY_FURNITURE.MANUAL_STYLE = (CONCAT "3D Model/Vehicles/", ', "Blue Compact Car");

Any help would be on the better side of Awesome!

thanks

dg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: david.garrigues

Sorry, David, I didn't see this before. It might be too late to help you, but someone might find this useful.

In order to concatenate, just use the + symbol. I don't normally use Blockname, but you definitely can. Just  be sure on the Feature Class tab of the Mapexport dialog that you pick Blockname in the properties to export. Looking at your first sample, I think you have it right, but you added some parentheses. These are not required and maybe that's what is making it fail.

Here's my script for placing InfraWorks symbols on AutoCAD points that have had Map Object Data attached:

CITY_FURNITURE.MANUAL_STYLE = "3D Model/City Furniture/" + SOURCE["Type"];

"Type" is the name of the Object Data field in AutoCAD Map.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report