Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch to Component

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
y2017casber
284 Views, 2 Replies

Sketch to Component

I sketched a butterfly then extruded the wings, and now I want to add joints, but it says that their are no components in my design, how do I fix this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
deyop
in reply to: y2017casber

It sounds as though you have created wing bodies.  Bodies are model objects within a component.  You can create a component by mousing down on the body with the right mouse button and "Create component from body".  Alternatively when you create an extrusion there will be an option to create a body or create a component.  You may want to look in the Learn section under Build assemblies for the explanation of "Bodies and Components" to get a better understanding for these concepts.

Message 3 of 3
joel.palioca
in reply to: y2017casber

Hello,

Based on your description it sounds like you have created a couple different bodies to serve as the wings for your butterfly.  If you find the bodies for the wings inside of the bodies folder and right mouse button on the body you should find an option to "Create Components from Bodies".  This will allow the body to become a component and you should be able to use the "Joint" command from there.

create component.png

Hope this fixes your issue.

Cheers, 

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report