Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX C++ SDK Windows 8/8.1 Visual Studio 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hondero
1897 Views, 3 Replies

FBX C++ SDK Windows 8/8.1 Visual Studio 2013

Hey guys, has any one been able to compile the fbx c++ sdk under windows 8/8.1 and vs 2013?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tygasamurai
in reply to: hondero

Hi,

Autodesk has updated the files to 2014-2 that are now compliant with the new Macros. Through a quick diff of the old and new source headers the Macro at fault was WINDOWS_RT is now referred to as WINDOWS_STORE. There are a ton of these references throughout the source hence the plethora of error messages fired at you in Visual Studio 2013. 

Therefore, go to the FBX SDK homepage and (after agreeing to their T&C's) download the 2014-2.1 edition of the source and binaries. 

Message 3 of 4
tygasamurai
in reply to: tygasamurai

I should point out that you should update any references to the new directories provided by the installer. Either that if you don't want to maintain the previous builds (you're distributing the library with your codebase) then you simply need to overwrite the includes and lib dirs in your current structure.

Message 4 of 4
p.kirill
in reply to: hondero

I am able to compile FBX sdk under 8.1 in VS 2013, but I targeted the project to 2012 compiler.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report