Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to load an .rfa file saved prior to 8.1 in Revit LT 2013?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
wynsong
1760 Views, 9 Replies

Is there a way to load an .rfa file saved prior to 8.1 in Revit LT 2013?

When I try to load some .rfa files from Autodesk Seek into the 2013 Revit LT library I get the message it can't be loaded because it was lasted saved in a version prior to 8.1.  Is there any way around this?  Thanks,  Cathy

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: wynsong

Can you post the .rfa file here in the forum, so that we can make a test?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
wynsong

Here is the file in AutoSeek that I was interested in.  Pella Architecture Series French Double Passive/Active door.  A number of the Pella windows and doors had the same problem trying to load them into Revit LT. 

http://seek.autodesk.com/product/latest/agg/pellacorporation/Pella-Corporation/2462013

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

Well, this is an interesting question for Autodesk.

In Revit LT 2013 :

1-11-2013 9-38-41 AM.jpg

However, the file opens in Revit 2013 (full Revit). Why is that difference?

Attached is the file, saved in 2013 format.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10
sssokol

Hi

I have the same problem with this file :

http://www.revitcity.com/downloads.php?action=view&object_id=3182

Can somebody help me?

thanx

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: sssokol

there is no fix for revit lt right now

the workaround is to use full blown revit products

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: DarrenP

In the meantime, maybe the people in charge of Seek should select those families, save them with full Revit 2013, put them in a separate place, and make them available for download again for Revit LT users.

Message 8 of 10
nicholas.christo
in reply to: DarrenP

I have the same issue.

It is simply NOT good enough for Autodesk to advise the use of full Revit when I don't have it. I have paid for Revit 2020 which was upgraded to 2021 expecting it to work.

We need a fix NOW!

Message 9 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: nicholas.christo

@nicholas.christo wrote:

I have the same issue.

It is simply NOT good enough for Autodesk to advise the use of full Revit when I don't have it. I have paid for Revit 2020 which was upgraded to 2021 expecting it to work.

You dug up a 7 year old thread to say the solution is invalid?

Why are you trying to use such an old family instead of finding one that is more recent?

Unless you failed to mention that you have LT, you have the full version.

@nicholas.christo wrote:

We need a fix NOW!

A fix for what? Autodesk can't fix PEBCAK.

I'd suggest you start over with a new thread and ask for a solution so that you can solve the issue instead of demanding a fix for such an obtuse workflow.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 10
tonystefan
in reply to: RobDraw

So the issue I'm having is that I've upgraded to a new laptop with Windows 10, from Windows 8.1, and now I can't access any of my current projects!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report