AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORTHO while commands are running

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JohnRennie
1094 Views, 7 Replies

ORTHO while commands are running

In 2012, when using F8 as Ortho, it does not seem to work while there is a command running. Has anyone else experienced this, or is there a system variable I need to look for.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rsalzmann
in reply to: JohnRennie

Might be a keyboard issue. Did you try the toggle button at the bottom of the drawing window just to test? I know of no sysvar.
Message 3 of 8
jschaap

got the same issue.. F8 works but not when you have a command active. then only CMD+L works

Message 4 of 8
JohnRennie
in reply to: rsalzmann

Thanks, but it appears it is a little bug in 2012.

The workaround for now is to toggle the button on the statusbar.

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Yes, it is a bug.

BTW the same is true for F3 key - if you will try to toggle OSNAP on/off with F3 key when some command is active - nothing will happen.

When no command active - both keys F3 and F8 works for toggling OSNAP and ORTHO modes.

In fact I know tricky workaround, but this method is related with editing a file inside the AutoCAD application folder.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 8
vitale.simone

same here. really annoying. unbelievable a bug like this one is still present in the final version (beta testers i'm looking at you)

Message 7 of 8
katie1994
in reply to: vitale.simone

Wow, that is a really big oversight on Autodesk's part. Being able to toggle the osnap and ortho on and off in the midst of a proceedure is very important to the way I have learned to use the program. This really needs to be fixed!

I am playing with the trial version and for the most part am willing to overlook some of the inconveniences I have discovered but this might just be he deal breaker in the choice between Windows and Mac versions when we upgrade. Wow!

Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 8
HawkAIA
in reply to: katie1994

Thanks to assistance from Autodesk Tech Support on this it looks like they have a pretty good temporary fix. I have posted it at the message board below. It involves making a change to a cui file in the application package:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/osnap-toggle/td-p/2963240

Ignore the first few comments in the board related to version 2011 and scroll to my post at the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost