AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an objects Plotstyle

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
735 Views, 1 Reply

Changing an objects Plotstyle

In AutoCAD 2013 when I try to change an objects plotsyle in the drop down menu of the properties inspector from "colour" back to "by layer" it automatically reverts back to "colour" when i click "by layer". There seems to be no way I can change an objects plotstyle back to "by layer". Does anyone know a work around?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Yes, this bug in AC 2013, when working in drawings with Named Plot Styles, still here (in SP1 too).

You can not change Plot Style of individual objects via Properties Inspector (and change Layer Plot Style in both Layers Palette and Properties Inspector)

The workaround is to use "old good" CHANGE command with "Properties" option.

Call CHANGE command, select objects you want to change Plot Style, hit Enter, then enter P for Properties, then enter PLotstyle option, then enter "By Layer", then hit Enter two times:

Command: CHANGE
Select objects: 1 found
Select objects:
Specify change point or [Properties]: p
Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/PLotstyle/Annotative]: PL
Enter Plot Style or [?] <Normal>: Bylayer
Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/PLotstyle/Annotative]:
Command:

HTH

BTW: in AC 2012 with SP3 there is no such bug, i.e. you can use Prop Inspector to change Plot Style of objects in Named Plot Style drawings

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost