AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
maxim_k
8700 Views, 32 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Hi,

The release of Mountain Lion is near.

And I just want to point everybody to this article in Autodesk Knowledge Base:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20109560&linkID=15839490

"AutoCAD 2013 for Mac, AutoCAD 2012 for Mac, AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2012 for Mac are currently NOT supported on the Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) operating system.

Until such time as a service pack is available, Autodesk highly recommend NOT installing Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) on any machines where AutoCAD 2013 for Mac, AutoCAD 2012 for Mac, AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac, or AutoCAD LT 2012 for Mac is required."

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
gregory
in reply to: rcoggins

Thanks for the suggestion!  I've been buying macs and running windows on them since 2008!  I finally go rid of my last PC from 2006 (Sony vaio laptop) last month when I purchased the Retina Macbook Pro.  I've been trying out the AutoCAD for Mac to see if I finally make the switch from Windows to Mac.  I have to say that if I can work around some of the issues I'm definitely going to upgrade from my AutoCAD for windows 2010, by the end of the month to take advantage of old upgrade pricing and subscriptions promotions.

There are a lot of little thighs that are done differently in the Mac, like not being able to plot .PLT's drives me crazy!  Also, the preview PDF deal, not sure why...  Changing to a new layer and not having the default filters also kills me...

BTW, I stopped using ortho when Polar tracking came out, and that is working just fine in 2013 Mac...  I guess the real question for me is, am I wiling to work with work-arounds to get to know the software in this new operating system?  I do depend on it for work...  I'm trying to get a project out now, if I'm able to do it, I think I'll make the move to Mac, even if it's not perfect!

-G

Message 22 of 33
gregory
in reply to: maxim_k

hummmmm...  That's interesting!

-G

Message 23 of 33
David_Stacey

I've used AutoCAD on Windows for over 20 years and when it was released for the Mac I switched straight away. 2011 wasn't without its shortcomings but they've improved it considerably since.
Sure there are a few features not in the Mac version but I've managed to work around 95% of these.
If you're a Mac kind of guy then you won't regret switching.
Message 24 of 33
rcoggins
in reply to: David_Stacey

I agree I love working in Autocad for Mac ROBERT COGGINS Mobile Phone 918.633.5000 Email: robert.coggins@enginuityonline.com
Message 25 of 33
David_Stacey

I forgot to say I'm holding off upgrading to Mountain Lion until the next service pack has been released to support it. Then again, I might just wait until 2014 is shipped...
Message 26 of 33
gregory
in reply to: David_Stacey

I made a full back up before upgrading to Moutain Lion, so far i've been lucky and everything seems to be working well!  I think I will be upgrading for sure as I already traded my 3ds Max for Maya Mac last month!

-G

Message 27 of 33
182cadman
in reply to: gregory

System was fine and working mostly, but now I can just leave a new blank model space there and then it just crashes, pretty poor really.

Getting tired of trying to work around what is a poor product.

Installed all 3 updates in 2011 and its still very bad 😞

Message 28 of 33
mmany

I'm running 2013 on a new MBP Retina display.  I don't notice any fuzzyness in the drawing area, but my autoCAD window does develop a black zone at the top right corner from time to time and necessitates quitting out of the software to fix.  Also crashes when certain blocks are inserted.  Sometimes the cursor disappears as well.

Biggest problem for me is the things that are missing from Windows versions, which I didn't know about before going over to Mac this summer.  What's up with no 'flatten' command? I don't even know how to begin using this software without it.  Going back and forth between rhino and autocad, it's a must.

I've seen the suggested macros online but none of them seem to work, including the older lisp routines.  If anyone knows a sure-fire flatten work around, I would be really grateful to hear about it.

Autodesk should hand out free windows copies to us until this thing is working!

Message 29 of 33
maxim_k
in reply to: mmany

Hi mmany,

Have you tried this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/3d-to-2d/m-p/2927918#M1685

for flatten your drawings?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 30 of 33
mmany

Thanks Maxim

I had tried that, but only after trying some other macro, and it didn't work for me.  Going back and trying again on a clean file it worked fine.  The macro must have screwed up that first file.  So, thanks - this did the trick!

M

Message 31 of 33
182cadman

What about support for 2011, nothing, zip not a dickey bird. Seems we've been left out to dry!!!!!!!!!!

Updated with all 3 service patches and still the program crashes without me doing anything 😞

Not impressed.

All so nothing on the 2013 front, very poor of Autodesk not to on the ball with this considering how much they want you to pay for the software!!!!! 😞

Message 32 of 33
aerlenbach

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get AC 2012 to work on my MBP runnimg Mountain Lion. Can someone please help me?

Message 33 of 33
rcoggins
in reply to: aerlenbach

Yes get the beta update I believe it is still beta?it will run?..unless of course your macbook will not run 64bit programs??.if it did before it will now..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost