AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Licensing query

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
charlv
1383 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac 2012 Licensing query

Hi all,

I heard a rumour that if you own AutoCAD or a Suite that contain an AutoCAD that you can install AutoCAD for Mac 2012 and have it activated. Is this true? Can someone confirm this. Here's the blog that mentions this ...http://blog.jtbworld.com/2011/08/autocad-2012-for-mac-licensing-and.html

Thanks

Charl

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
raumpunktmp
in reply to: charlv

page 5: FAQ

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Yes.  That is correct.  It's no rumor.  If Jimmy posts it on his block, you can be assured that it is a fact. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
charlv
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

Another Question - the document says that AutoCAD for MAc is available for Suite that has AutoCAD. Does this apply to a Suite like Product Design Suite as does not contain 'AutoCAD' but 'AutoCAD Mechanical'?

Thanks

charl

Message 5 of 9
raumpunktmp

Is it possible to activate AutoCAD 2012 for Windows with serial of AutoCAD 2012 for Mac ? Can anybody answer ? - Subscription Websupport was not able to help.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

The way I understand it, the license is not platform specific.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
raumpunktmp
in reply to: TravisNave

autocad 2012 for mac serial does not work in autocad 2012 for windows.

Message 8 of 9
JohnRennie
in reply to: raumpunktmp

Autodesk markets and sells them as completely different products, likely because the AutoCAD for MAC is so far behind in development terms from the PC version that they can't take direct comparison.

It means that if you use a MAC and AutoCAD for MAC at work you are unable to install a PC copy at home, if you own a PC, either under the home user scheme or by using the license tranfer utility.

Not exactly easy to live with and comes nowhere close to giving the customers what they need.

Message 9 of 9
raumpunktmp
in reply to: JohnRennie

Autodesk FAQ for AutoCAD 2012:

3.9 Can I transfer my AutoCAD license between platforms (from AutoCAD to AutoCAD for Mac)?

Yes. Customers with licenses of AutoCAD 2012 can now activate AutoCAD 2012 for Mac with the same license number and activation code. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost