AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default settings for each reinforcement type

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sonyablade2010
878 Views, 6 Replies

Default settings for each reinforcement type

DEar All,

Is there any way in ASD to set default length, say ,for the longitidual reinforcement? Generally in some cases dowel length of longitidual reinforcement depends and expressed as proportional length of reinf. diamater. For example, each time I invoke the elevation reinforcement it asks for the bending length or places (60mm as default) which is not accaptable and I have to change it manually each time. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Have you try to use rbcr_tool_dbedit (Edit bar database) to edit setting for bars length defaults?

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 7

Ok thanks,

It opens the file open dialog where prompts me to point out to choose the XML file where I don't have a clue which one to choose.  I'm using the RBCR-48 template number for reinforcement detailing, so which XML file should I choose , I've already tried all the files with EN prefixes but that didn't give me a clue on what to do the next. Can you elaborate that a bit more?

There is so much parametring representation of the reinforcements in that dialog, that should serve that purpose but how, For example if I write  Diam*75 will it work longitidual reinforcement ? 

Another question is :

• How to make the reinforcement distrubitionfor wall front and back side simultaneously if they are identical, cause whenever I make the distrubition I 've to do it twice for front and back?

Regards,

Message 4 of 7

Well, your current database for bars you have chosen in Job preferences Codes/Materials section.

Please find which code database you want to modify.

There is the Description tab there with all parameters listed.

AQ:

I think it must be done separately as bottom & top. You can also use it that this distribution is possible to be copied and moved with the region.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 5 of 7

Thank you,

It began to make sense now, I can see from the description tab that the naming convention is explicit and make sense, but can't we add our custom parameters , e.g. parameter for minimum straight length of bended bar etc.. 

I really do started to change something after playing around with parameters but I need much more examples, Can you give me more examples or at least where look to find them ?

Regards,

Message 6 of 7

DEar All,

For those who know it already can give me further assistance on that issue ?

Your  helps will be appreicated,

REgards, 

Message 7 of 7

Does anybody can help me on that one?

I just need an entry point the rest is my burden.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips