AutoCAD R12/R13/R14 Archive

Reply
*Darin
Message 1 of 4 (49 Views)

ACL and AC$ Extensions

49 Views, 3 Replies
03-22-2001 01:45 AM
We have a Novel 4.10 Server and are currently using AtuoCAD 13 for WinNT.
We have latest Release for 13, C4A.

Everytime someone prints or opens a file from the server, a AC$ or ACL
extension apperas on the network. The network rights are create, but no
modify or delete. Is there a way i can stop these files from being created?
What are they used for and why are they there?

Regards

Darin
*Ahava, Petri
Message 2 of 4 (49 Views)

Re: ACL and AC$ Extensions

03-22-2001 09:46 PM in reply to: *Darin
Hi,

these are termporary files created by AutoCAD. It isn't enough to set your
environment TEMP and TMP settings to local disk, with R13 you also have to
go into configuration, System settings (or something like that) and
placement of temporary files. Set this to local disk (say C:\TEMP) and you
won't get these files any more.

HTH

Petri Ahava
CAD-Q
Helsinki, Finland

"Darin" wrote in message
news:44A6CC7F934BD4C800612AF4D5BA4577@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> We have a Novel 4.10 Server and are currently using AtuoCAD 13 for WinNT.
> We have latest Release for 13, C4A.
>
> Everytime someone prints or opens a file from the server, a AC$ or ACL
> extension apperas on the network. The network rights are create, but no
> modify or delete. Is there a way i can stop these files from being
created?
> What are they used for and why are they there?
>
> Regards
>
> Darin
>
*Darin
Message 3 of 4 (49 Views)

Re:

03-28-2001 01:37 AM in reply to: *Darin
I have done that on all of the workstations already. The files still
appear. I have set the temp files to c:\temp for all the WinNT systems.

Please help.

Regards

Darin
"Petri Ahava" wrote in message
news:23EBE45C4D31B0D33221403430C2CDCE@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi,
>
> these are termporary files created by AutoCAD. It isn't enough to set your
> environment TEMP and TMP settings to local disk, with R13 you also have to
> go into configuration, System settings (or something like that) and
> placement of temporary files. Set this to local disk (say C:\TEMP) and you
> won't get these files any more.
>
> HTH
>
> Petri Ahava
> CAD-Q
> Helsinki, Finland
>
> "Darin" wrote in message
> news:44A6CC7F934BD4C800612AF4D5BA4577@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > We have a Novel 4.10 Server and are currently using AtuoCAD 13 for
WinNT.
> > We have latest Release for 13, C4A.
> >
> > Everytime someone prints or opens a file from the server, a AC$ or ACL
> > extension apperas on the network. The network rights are create, but no
> > modify or delete. Is there a way i can stop these files from being
> created?
> > What are they used for and why are they there?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Darin
> >
>
*Farrari, John
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

Re:

04-06-2001 05:55 AM in reply to: *Darin
I have the same problem. Just deleted 12,000+ files from our servers. Anyone
have an answer?

John

"Darin" wrote in message
news:37D15A5F17928EDD845AE748B26A6EA3@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have done that on all of the workstations already. The files still
> appear. I have set the temp files to c:\temp for all the WinNT systems.
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards
>
> Darin
> "Petri Ahava" wrote in message
> news:23EBE45C4D31B0D33221403430C2CDCE@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Hi,
> >
> > these are termporary files created by AutoCAD. It isn't enough to set
your
> > environment TEMP and TMP settings to local disk, with R13 you also have
to
> > go into configuration, System settings (or something like that) and
> > placement of temporary files. Set this to local disk (say C:\TEMP) and
you
> > won't get these files any more.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Petri Ahava
> > CAD-Q
> > Helsinki, Finland
> >
> > "Darin" wrote in message
> > news:44A6CC7F934BD4C800612AF4D5BA4577@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > We have a Novel 4.10 Server and are currently using AtuoCAD 13 for
> WinNT.
> > > We have latest Release for 13, C4A.
> > >
> > > Everytime someone prints or opens a file from the server, a AC$ or ACL
> > > extension apperas on the network. The network rights are create, but
no
> > > modify or delete. Is there a way i can stop these files from being
> > created?
> > > What are they used for and why are they there?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Darin
> > >
> >
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community




Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube