AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wafer type stud bolt item codes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1243 Views, 5 Replies

wafer type stud bolt item codes

In our P3D pipe spec.’s we have given every part his own item code.

When we create a standard flange/flange connection, there will be automatically create a fastener between the flanges (gasket and stud bolt). The correct stud bolt item code is added to the properties (and is given on isometric). The problem which I note is that when I use the same flange connection with a wafer type between the flanges, the stud bolt length is changing correct but the item code is still the same as the original stud bolt. The stud bolts used for the wafer type flange connection should have a different item code (because they are longer). I don’t want to change this item codes manual in the properties (risk of mistakes). How can I solve this problem in a proper way? Please advice, with kind regards, Hendrik Segveld. henk.segveld@zeton.nl

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Anonymous

I too looking for the solution.
Message 3 of 6
milan_blom
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Same here.

Being able to add the bolt length to the itemcode automatically (using @@@ like in the description) would solve the issue for me.

Message 4 of 6
JUANCARLOSBLASCO4129
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I'm trying to solve this, but having some troubles.

Environment is plant3d 2019, windows 7. For this example i'm working with mixed project, 12" pipe and 150# rating. Flanges are FR.

Let's see two possibilities: 

- Flanged connections, no waffer item= 7/8" x 120.65mm bolts

- Flanged connections, with waffer item (spectacle blind)= 7/8" x 152.4mm bolts

iso1.JPGmat1.JPG

The item code displayed is the one for standard connection 12"-150# flanged for both scenarios as expected.

To solve this, in Spec editor i duplicate the 12" bolt set and change the length and item code, so i have two 12" bolt set: one 4.75" length (the standard one) and other 6" length, both with different item codes.

12-1.JPG12-2.JPG

Updated the spec, i go back to the project for testing, but i don't understand the results.

iso2.JPGmat2.JPG

All bolt set lengths have increased 32mm, the same length that the spectacle blind, ¿what am i missing??

Need some help to solve this

Regards

Message 5 of 6

Just to clarify, i know this post is old, but i need to manage different codes for different bolt length, same as post creator.

Regards

Message 6 of 6

Hi

I've solved some of my previous mistakes (can't edit), and it's almost done.

In Spec editor, i have created some new size for the 12" bolt set, then it's:

- The original one, with @@@ on it's long description, length by default (4.75)

- 4 more, with 5.5, 5.75, 6 and 6.75 length (in long description size and length)

12-3.JPG

Each one has its own item code.

Now, in plant 3d, the boltset by default is the standard one (that one with @@@). But i can change it with the Substitute part grip:

crop.png

The standard one retains the original item code despite his length (120.65 vs 146.05), but the others have their own item code.

For now, it's my solution. Would be awesome if someone knows and explain me how to do it more automatic.

Maybe it's related with Bolt length mapping, where i can set the length and diameter in mm or inches, but no mixed) and the project being mixed. I don't know.

Regards and thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost