AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant3D Vault project location in Vault

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hardingster
1171 Views, 4 Replies

Plant3D Vault project location in Vault

I am setting up a new multi discipline project using the Vault as the DMS for the project. The software we are using is Revit structures, Civil3D, Navisworks Manage and Plant 3D Extension 1 all in Vault Collaboration 2013.

With all these different software running in the same vault environment, we need to specify a directory to save all the data in the Vault Explorer to save all the Plant3D data in order to maintain a company specific folder structure for the project.

Is there any way of telling Plant3D upon project setup, to locate the Plant3D project in a specific folder location other than the default "top level" vault folder?

At the moment the project defaults to the working directory and I cannot change that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Christian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadwomen
in reply to: hardingster

Hy

it is a "or"

Lokel or Vault

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 3 of 5
hardingster
in reply to: cadwomen

It is the vault location when view in the Vault Explorer, not the local working folder that I want to specify.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
axeborn
in reply to: hardingster

Hi,

I am in the same process of setting up a pilot project using Vault functionality in Plant 3D Extension 1.

And I am also trying to relocate the project folder in Vault, but it doesn't seem possible all the way.

Although it is possible to relocate the projectfolder using Vault Client and after that open the project in Plant 3D.

But I do get problems with the Project setup and the local working folder doesn't match the Vault folder path..

My solution until Autodesk solves this issue is to let the project stay in the Vault root folder $/Project Name.

To many uncertainties..

/michael

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
JarrodMudford
in reply to: axeborn

After you have set up your project in the Vault. You can drag and drop the file in the Vault Exploere to the location you want it to be in. Then open the project from Vault.

You will need to make sure that you clear out your local working files that have been created too. Depending on how your Vault has been set up, you may be able to select your local working location. Preferably, the Administrator has set the working file so everyone is using the same path. This helps with xrefs.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost