AutoCAD P&ID General

seliva
Message 1 of 4 (514 Views)

Symbol scale

514 Views, 3 Replies
01-05-2012 05:39 AM

When symbols are inserted from the tool palette (P&ID ISO), they are automatically scaled to 2.5. I would like reduce this scale in order to have more space in the drawings. The only way I have found to change this is the Edit Symbol button for each class definition in Project Setup, and this will be a big job. Is there an easier way. e.g to change the scale for all symbols at once?

Where are all the Project Setup settings stored? 

Product Support
Message 2 of 4 (489 Views)

Re: Symbol scale

01-06-2012 08:30 AM in reply to: seliva

Hi,

I believe that the symbol scale will need to be edited manually though the Project Setup. I will confirm and upde this post shortly.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
*Expert Elite*
Rave.Tam
Message 3 of 4 (482 Views)

01-08-2012 05:53 PM in reply to: seliva

Unfortunately no, the scale data is stored inside the style object inside the PSS drawing. We have an inhouse ui tool to browse through all the styles in the pss drawing and batch modify them (layers, scale and etc). You can try to have a look at the sdk documentation.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Product Support
Message 4 of 4 (462 Views)

01-10-2012 02:01 AM in reply to: seliva

Hi,

The scales are stored in the ProjSymbolStyle.dwg for the project. The graphical styles are stored under NOD(Named Object Dictionary)\ Autodesk_PNP\PNP_Styles. The scale’s dxf code is 41.

It would require Lisp or ARX code to modify them which is not something that product support can assist with.

I will log a wish list with our developers to make modification of symbols easier to do for multiple items.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD P&ID Category!

The AutoCAD P&ID forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community