AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid block overlap

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
suresh_070379
1546 Views, 2 Replies

Avoid block overlap

Hi,

Consider this case. Two blocks are availabel in differnt drawing files. But, the inner content of the blocks are different. If i copy the second drawing into first one, the inner content of the second block is changed to first. If i know the exact block name and number of block is less, i can rename the block before i do the copy and paste. In my drawing, there is lot of blocks. So, i unable to locate and rename. So, is it any setting available to automatically change the overlapping block names and by the way avoid changing the inner contents. For example, If both the block names are ABT2K and after copy and paste, it should be two blocks, ABT2K and ABT2K#.  Kindly give an idea.

Suresh

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steve216586
in reply to: suresh_070379

You may be able to do something like you describe with a LISP. Check over at the customization forum for help with writing such code.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

I would think it would be a simple matter of checking the drawing for a name match fro a block and if it exists, then a suffix would be added.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 3
suresh_070379
in reply to: steve216586

Hi Stev,

Thanks for the reply. i searched the forum for the rename lisp through your link. It is very useful and find the answer. i have attached the file and link. Eventhough, it is not rename the overlapping block, it is fulfilling my requirement. Using this lisp, i rename all the block names with prefix 1 in the first drawing and paste the second drawing. i am facing this block name problem particularly in the drawings converted from solid works. When i paste all the individual drawings, in single sheet, we are facing overlapping problem. For example, if solidworks drawing has 10 hatches, it will name the hatches as blocks like HATCH 1,2 etc. this will same in all drawings. if we paste two drawings in single sheet, we are facing this problem. Now, we got a solution.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Multiple-Block-rename-in-sequence/m-p...

Suresh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost