AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 crashes under Win8

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
545 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 crashes under Win8

Hello

I have constant problem with my AutoCAD each time I try to add anything from libraries, like screw, bearing, etc. or when I try to move them. Sometimes I do nothing at all (just open a file and think about changes I want to make) and after a while the program crashes by itself. Sometimes it crashes when I add measures. It crashes anytime I want to add roughness or reference point.

Just, it crashes every single time it has a chance to do so.

When I had Win7, nothing like that happened, so I thought maybe it's because Autodesk hadn't make Mechanical compatible. But after 2 Service Packs (which, of course, I have installed) there is no improvement. Moreover, I feel like SPs made my AutoCAD crashing even more often! (But maybe that's because my drawings are getting more and more complicated. The more lines and stuff, the more crashes.)

I checked references, but my laptop is all fine (and it's quite new; when I had my old laptop, I thought maybe it's too weak for new AutoCAD product, but my brand new HP Pavilion g6-2260sw W8 has the same problems). I contacted Autodesk support on Twitter, but all they could help me was to send me here and ask you. So, here I am, hoping for solving this really annoying issue. I have a lot of work for my classes and everything goes awfully slow because of constant crashing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Can you please apply the hotfix from the link below?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=21883943&siteID=123112&linkID=9240898

Let me know whether the issue is gone.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Amazing, it works! Ahh, what a wonderful experience with AutoCAD working purely fine!

Thank you very much for help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost