AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Layers named 0

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
araki916
596 Views, 5 Replies

2 Layers named 0

Hey all,

I got a weird one. In my layer prop manager, I have 2 layers with the name "0". How is this possible? Also, I'm trying to move the lines/polylines on either one of these layers and it won't move because it's locked. But when you look on the layer manager, BOTH of the 0 layers are not locked down.

Strange. Any hints out there? This is a new one to me.

Thx,

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought." Unknown
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: araki916

Hello

Very strange --> could be dangerous !

And with the RENAME command, can you rename ONE of them ?

Are you sure there is not a special character "around" the ZERO what you can't see ?

Maybe a solution : change all entities on layers "0" to a new layer called "XXXX"

then swicth OFF the 2 layers ZERO then WBLOCK ALL ...

And in a NEW DWG, insert the DWG in exploded mode ... 

Be careful with UNITS !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if _AUDIT does not report any error (and fixes it) then please upload that drawing (just a few lines are enougth therefor).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

I got a weird one. In my layer prop manager, I have 2 layers with the name "0". How is this possible? Also, I'm trying to move the lines/polylines on either one of these layers and it won't move because it's locked. But when you look on the layer manager, BOTH of the 0 layers are not locked down.

Strange. Any hints out there? This is a new one to me.

Thx,

Is there a defpoint layer? Is it unlocked, thawed and on?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 6
araki916
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Looks like audit did the trick. BUT, I had to UNTHAW everythin on both 0 layers. So strange. 

AFTER, I UNTHAWED everything, I was able to get the polylines off of one of the 0 layers and move it to another layer. Then I erased the empty 0 layer. 

Thanks for the help guys, this was really frustrating.

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought." Unknown
Message 6 of 6
vladimir_michl

Double layer "0" is probably a consequence of a "DWG" file (not genuine DWG) saved by an incompatible CAD software.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost